Fab horse holiday!

Evie91

Visit site
Just spent an amazing four days on holiday with my horse (and various friends of the human and equine variety!), near Chapel St Leonard's.
Amazing beach riding, huge, wide, quiet beach, fab facilities for horse and rider, huge indoor sand and outdoor jumping (set up with a course)schools, really welcoming. Not sure if I'm actually allowed to name the place! So guess you will have to pm me if you want to find out where!
I'd definitely recommend for anyone looking to holiday with their horse.
As an aside, was so proud of my five year old mare who took it all in her stride and was such a superstar! She wasn't backed until five and had led a very sheltered life beforehand so makes it all the more pleasing to me that she took to it all so well :)
Happy rider and happy horse! Still have a long way to go and lots to work on but think it has boosted our collective confidence!

Remi'sMum

Visit site
I know exactly the place cos I'm here right now!! Currently sat with coffee in hand on squashy sofa in beautiful holiday cottage, gazing through the window onto my horse grazing in the early morning sun. Her paddock is literally ten paces from the cottage patio doors. Happy days 😊

Evie91

Visit site
Glad you are having fun Remi's Mum! Please pm me the place you are at? couldn't see my horse from the house. Now I've taken then horse on holiday I've quite got the taste for it and would like to go again, so any other suitable locations welcome!
I'm quite jealous as back to work for me today!!

Remi'sMum

Visit site
You can post it here unless you own the business. Saves all the PMs!

I definitely don't own the business (wish I did!!) Evie91 and I actually didn't go the same place we've discovered. I'm at Field Farm and highly recommend. Lovely accomodation, indoor school, outdoor school, grass jumping paddock and xc course. Only a mile from the beach. Totally horse heaven 😊

Foxy O

Visit site
Can I ask what are the things you consider most important when you take your horse on holiday and what are the nice little other thoughtful things that are provided that also make it better?

We are thinking of starting a bring your horse on holiday in Wales. :)

Evie91

Visit site
Phew thank you Leo Walker!
Orchard Farm Riding holidays in Hogsthorpe.

FOxy - for me - safe secure turnout for horses, with grazing, water and hay if grass is sparse. Clean, safe stabling. School's a bonus but not absolutely necessary if good outriding is available. Fab riding, either bridleways or private tracks, fields or beach, mainly off road and quiet. They would be my first considerations.

Foxy O

Visit site
Phew thank you Leo Walker!
Orchard Farm Riding holidays in Hogsthorpe.

FOxy - for me - safe secure turnout for horses, with grazing, water and hay if grass is sparse. Clean, safe stabling. School's a bonus but not absolutely necessary if good outriding is available. Fab riding, either bridleways or private tracks, fields or beach, mainly off road and quiet. They would be my first considerations.
Thanks Evie :)

Clodagh

Visit site
Can I ask what are the things you consider most important when you take your horse on holiday and what are the nice little other thoughtful things that are provided that also make it better?

I wouldn't need a stable but single well fenced turnout - the one in the pic looks fantastic - water, hay etc. A covered area for tacking up/untacking would be good, I hate getting into a wet saddle.

Perhaps a picnic lunch available and maybe you could even deliver it to a circular hack?

PorkChop

Visit site

When we took our horses on holiday to Exmoor they had a huge map in the tack room with bridleways etc marked on it, which was really useful.

Evie91

Visit site
Rallan15 messaged you with more detail.
Not at the same place as Remi's Mum, photo relates to Field Farm.
Flicker - you could hire horses, it was also a riding school - could do beach rides, flat work, jumping etc

Flicker

Visit site
Rallan15 messaged you with more detail.
Not at the same place as Remi's Mum, photo relates to Field Farm.
Flicker - you could hire horses, it was also a riding school - could do beach rides, flat work, jumping etc

OMG I am so going!

Remi'sMum

Visit site
Evie91 - all the things that others have said. Safe secure turnout, the paddocks at Field Farm are excellent post and railed. The price also includes use of a stable that's yours for the duration of your stay so you can turn out/fetch in as suits. Hay and straw also included. Other bedding available to buy I believe or you can bring your own.

Little things here like having Hose-Lock hose reels both in the stables and paddocks make life soooo much easier.

All mucking out equipment is provided here so you don't have to bring your own. Plenty of barrows, forks, poo-picking kit etc available!

There's a Secure lockable tackroom with plenty of room for 'stuff' and cctv all round the yard.

Good parking for lorries/trailers.

The holiday cottages are stunning. A little bit of luxury after 6 hours in the saddle is lovely! Good showers are essential I'd say!! There are also static caravans which are also very nice. And there's electric hook ups if you want to camp in your lorry. Or you can camp. This allows you a bit of leeway when calculating holiday costs. There's obviously loos/showers for if you're in a tent or lorry.

Dogs are welcome and the accomodation is dog friendly. Another idea I had would that I don't think is available here would be to have secure dog pens in the garden or offer the use of dog crates so that dogs can be safely left whilst riding.

The facilities are fab here. We've used the jumping paddock, arena and xc course for training as well as hacking on the beach.

There's a little tack shop on site here so essentials like a broken rein can be replaced easily. They sell home grown eggs too I think. Not sure if milk/bread/tea/coffee etc are available - would be handy if so.

The internet signal is poor here and although theres wifi it doesn't have great reach - I think this is important in this day and age.

Maps with bridle paths would be very handy. I'd like big ones on a wall somewhere on the yard then little copies to take out riding. With estimated ride mileage and approx time to get round a route. With horse friendly pubs/cafe's marked on! A nice touch might be to provide horse friendly pubs with a poop scoop and maybe a bin for poo.

Can't think of anything else but if I do I'll let you know. I would LOVE to run a business like this! I can dream, hey?!

Remi'sMum

Visit site
Oh yeah, another thing. They do offer horses to hire here, for beach rides only I think. And they offer guided rides. Obviously there's insurance implications and I know they do a rider assessment first. But that means the place is attractive to non-horse owners too, or if somebody wants to come while their own horse is out of action etc.

Foxy O

Visit site
Evie91 - all the things that others have said. Safe secure turnout, the paddocks at Field Farm are excellent post and railed. The price also includes use of a stable that's yours for the duration of your stay so you can turn out/fetch in as suits. Hay and straw also included. Other bedding available to buy I believe or you can bring your own.

Little things here like having Hose-Lock hose reels both in the stables and paddocks make life soooo much easier.

All mucking out equipment is provided here so you don't have to bring your own. Plenty of barrows, forks, poo-picking kit etc available!

There's a Secure lockable tackroom with plenty of room for 'stuff' and cctv all round the yard.

Good parking for lorries/trailers.

The holiday cottages are stunning. A little bit of luxury after 6 hours in the saddle is lovely! Good showers are essential I'd say!! There are also static caravans which are also very nice. And there's electric hook ups if you want to camp in your lorry. Or you can camp. This allows you a bit of leeway when calculating holiday costs. There's obviously loos/showers for if you're in a tent or lorry.

Dogs are welcome and the accomodation is dog friendly. Another idea I had would that I don't think is available here would be to have secure dog pens in the garden or offer the use of dog crates so that dogs can be safely left whilst riding.

The facilities are fab here. We've used the jumping paddock, arena and xc course for training as well as hacking on the beach.

There's a little tack shop on site here so essentials like a broken rein can be replaced easily. They sell home grown eggs too I think. Not sure if milk/bread/tea/coffee etc are available - would be handy if so.

The internet signal is poor here and although theres wifi it doesn't have great reach - I think this is important in this day and age.

Maps with bridle paths would be very handy. I'd like big ones on a wall somewhere on the yard then little copies to take out riding. With estimated ride mileage and approx time to get round a route. With horse friendly pubs/cafe's marked on! A nice touch might be to provide horse friendly pubs with a poop scoop and maybe a bin for poo.

Can't think of anything else but if I do I'll let you know. I would LOVE to run a business like this! I can dream, hey?!

Wow and that covers most things. Thank you:)
And thanks everyone else with the ideas, l will keep them in mind.
We have a beautiful shepherds hut, with an amazing shower, so the human side I'm hoping will be covered :)