Fabtek Solutions

Tempi

Visit site
Morning everyone :)

I just wondered if anyone had used their products? Specifically the Mudtek stable boots?

Bloss suffers from mudfever all year round and its really hard for me to control it -i've tried absolutly everything. Am wondering if the stable boots might help?

At the moment the best way I can manage it is to wash and dry her legs when she comes in from the field (even though the fields arent muddy her legs still get scabby if they arent washed) and then I put on loads of sudocream at night (or Heel to Hoof barrier cream works well too).

If I wrap her legs (I have thermatex wraps) it makes them worse for some reason, they are better if they are left 'open'.

But im wondering if these stable boots might be a better idea? They are a lot of £££££s but if it helps her then I would rather spend the money than carry on struggling all winter.

Hence i was wondering on peoples views/opinions on them?

http://www.fabteksolutions.com/mudtek_products.html

(She gets scabs all up her legs, at the moment they are up her legs and on her fetlocks but non on her actual heels).

Had vet in the summer when it got really bad and she had cellulitis in all 4 legs as a result of the mud fever and it did go away for a while but now its back. I dont like to use antibiotics or anything like that because of her stomach ulcers).

MozartK

Visit site
Hi Tempi, I invented these boots but am no longer part of Fabtek. I now have my own company Equi-Med Ag which also manufacture equine wound care products containing activated carbon with silver. Check out our website, www.equimedag.co.uk if you give us a call we can also give you 10% discount.

These products really do work. The technology has been used in human wound dressings for at least 15 years and is very effective at removing bacteria from skin and wounds, increasing wound healing rates and preventing infection. I have spent the past 3 years working with equine vets, carrying out case studies on horse with mud fever and severe pastern dermatitis. The technology has also been scientifically tested for effectiveness against various veterinary pathogens including bacteria associated with mud fever.

We now also have Cedric Chan on board who is a keen advocator of our products. The website has much more information on how these products actually work. In the early days when numerous friends were using this material on horses with mud fever, they starting calling it 'the magic cloth' and from that the boot products were born!! The boots were actually designed to treat minor wounds but we seem to have had massive interest for mud fever applications.

The boots are expensive as the material is expensive. However, it works out significantly cheaper than several vet call outs and several courses of antibiotics that probably won't work. These products will cure mud fever and prevent it returning. Feel free to give us a call if you would like more information. As you can probably tell, we are very passionate about our products!

MozartK

Visit site
I just spoke to my business partner Kay who tells me you bought the boots! Great move I'm sure you won't be disappointed. Please keep in touch, as we would love to hear how Bloss proresses over what is looking to be a very wet winter!

Alter ego

Visit site
Hi Tempi, I invented these boots but am no longer part of Fabtek. I now have my own company Equi-Med Ag which also manufacture equine wound care products containing activated carbon with silver. Check out our website, www.equimedag.co.uk if you give us a call we can also give you 10% discount.

These products really do work. The technology has been used in human wound dressings for at least 15 years and is very effective at removing bacteria from skin and wounds, increasing wound healing rates and preventing infection. I have spent the past 3 years working with equine vets, carrying out case studies on horse with mud fever and severe pastern dermatitis. The technology has also been scientifically tested for effectiveness against various veterinary pathogens including bacteria associated with mud fever.

We now also have Cedric Chan on board who is a keen advocator of our products. The website has much more information on how these products actually work. In the early days when numerous friends were using this material on horses with mud fever, they starting calling it 'the magic cloth' and from that the boot products were born!! The boots were actually designed to treat minor wounds but we seem to have had massive interest for mud fever applications.

The boots are expensive as the material is expensive. However, it works out significantly cheaper than several vet call outs and several courses of antibiotics that probably won't work. These products will cure mud fever and prevent it returning. Feel free to give us a call if you would like more information. As you can probably tell, we are very passionate about our products!

Mozart K, do you have anything that my fence walking girl can wear in the field?
most of the field is very damp/wet, but as she fence walks she has an area that is MUD, upto 6-8 inches deep:eek:

I need to boot her as when she turns she can catch herself, but I'm really concerned that boots will harbour the mudfever gremlins :(

MozartK

Visit site
Hi, sorry for the late reply...... I was travelling last week. The boots are not suitable for use outdoors in really wet/muddy conditions unfortunately. Once the muddy water enters the activated carbon layer the activity is lost. My advice would be to use the ordinary exercise boots during the day to protect her legs if she is prone to cutting herself, then if stabled on an evening use the Equimed stable boots on clean legs to remove/kill any bacteria that is still on the leg hair/skin or in any wounds she has. This should prevent mud fever becoming an issue even if she does manage to cut her legs.

Woodpecker

New User
Visit site
My wife really rates Fabtek's Mudtek Stable Boots and their Meditek Silver dressings - she was extremely impressed with the customer service and free delivery - and she's a hard woman to impress - I should know after all these years!
Our George's legs are clear of mud fever for the first time in years.
After looking at both sites it strikes me that the products are very similar and it is a matter of what you think will suit your horse and achieve the best result - we will be sticking with Mudtek according to my wife :)

MillionDollar

Visit site
Just wondering, have you tried doing nothing at all? We had a TB move to the yard a few years ago, owner warned me that he gets awful mudfever, I asked what she did, which was basically what you did, so I suggested doing nothing. Well after 2 weeks it completely cleared and he is still here 3 years on and he's not had any at all. We literally do nothing, no washing, no brushing, we just leave the mud on :) There was also a letter to H&H a few weeks ago suggesting this too. Just a suggestion anyway.

Also I know vets now advise not to use Sudocream as it stops the air to get to the skin and breathe, which can make matters worse.

kerilli

Visit site
I have a TB mare with dry/scabby hinds, down the front of her cannon bones. I have tried, over the last few years, doing absolutely nothing, which did not improve them at all, but nor did they get any worse. I have tried various creams, sprays etc, again no change. I have been using the Fabtek Mudtek bandage pads for the last month or so and can see an improvement, so I would recommend them.