Facebook banning horses for sale...

Annagain

Visit site
I get why people are doing it but by god it's annoying. I hate that "looking for a new postcode" phrase. There must be more creative ways of saying it. I've left a lot of the groups I was on since I bought Charlie but stayed on a few that were more wide ranging but even those are 95% horses for sale these days. It hasn't stopped at all, just got a lot more vague and harder work, both for sellers who must trawl through thousands of "price and location" replies and buyers who must ask only for 90% of horses to be too far away or too expensive. I really don't understand why people don't put where they are either, I get the price would trigger something but don't think a location would.

Wishfilly

Visit site
Yes, I found this deeply frustrating when I was looking. Some do put where they are based, to be fair- I think at least a county is helpful, and I don't think that triggers ads getting taken down.

I think it's also frustrating for others who just want to post photos in this groups, as they can end up getting lots of messages asking if their horse is for sale.

ownedbyaconnie

Visit site
I quite liked browsing horse fb ads. It was a Saturday morning coffee flicking through fb that found my my little coblet.
The ban has definitely done me a favour. I saw a gorgeous little connie for sale, 4 years old had barely done anything (how I like them, less time undoing someone else's weird issues) and was a proper traditional one leg in each corner connie stamp. I can resist seeing the odd ad but if it was like how it was before the ban I would definitely have at least 5 by now.

Also saw a diddy little shetland/welsh cross that was grey and called Rosie just like my pony. All I could think was that my child and I would have matching ponies.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Yeah, it would be helpful if the ad writer could put which postcode the horse wants to vacate.
Maybe they are indecisive. ?‍♀️
Flaming horses!
Agree though, some of these pages cover the entire uk and other local pages often have ads from completely different areas so it would be very handy!

Visit site
When the horses at the yard go up the 2nd line is - We are located in Central Scotland, 20mins north of Edinburgh.

Do people read this bit!?!? Do people Google our location!?!? Do they bugger! I fb stalk people before I repsond and if they are a way away then I ask if they understand our location and that they would be repsonisble for transport. The amount of people you never hear from again is amazing! If the boss replies first before I get the chance to she gets annoyed when she spends an hour answering questions, digging out pics etc. For them to then ask location and say we are too far away ?

Wishfilly

Visit site
I might have just stalked someone's main profile there 10 mins ago for a hint at location to see if it was worth my while messaging. Creepy? maybe but it worked ? check ur privacy settings folks or I'll know what bars you were drinking in before covid ?

I did this when I was looking too! No point in messaging someone in Cumbria when I am in Cornwall as realistically I'm not going to travel that far for a horse!

Lady Jane

Visit site
I might have just stalked someone's main profile there 10 mins ago for a hint at location to see if it was worth my while messaging. Creepy? maybe but it worked ? check ur privacy settings folks or I'll know what bars you were drinking in before covid ?

And their feed gives you a feel of who you would be dealing with.......

Lady Jane

Visit site
Blimey I never see horses for sale on fb, I’m obviously not looking in the right places, someone give me some hints please.
Just about every horsey FB page! Some have really clamped down as they got caught by FB police. Start by finding pages with the type of horse you are interested in and go from there eg Irish/Connemara/Eventer/Native Pony/Warmblood etc

Bernster

Visit site
and this has led to an interesting new language around looking for a new ? and how to mention the price. A post on one group atm shows just how confusing it is when people put ’mid 4 figures’ etc as so many different views on what the means !

tda

Visit site
The lady who runs one of the dales pony fb groups is very strict about adverts for ponies, I think they've had a few warnings from fb, so she is straight on it if anything looks remotely like an ad for sale

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Right, how does one get more interesting emoticons like these on HHO?
Part of me wants to try and do an advert made up entirely of emoticons...

?? ⭐? ? ????? ???? ??? ? ? ? ☝? ????????????????✌

?
Looking house star pony time pig tractor tocket clown love smashing poo poo poo crap okay bomb starry strong house one money 16.2 hh