FacePlant Selling - Am I missing a trick?

HeresHoping

Am I doing something wrong with FaceBook selling? I listed some tack and caggage on FaceBook Marketplace and clicked all the groups. A lot of it I thought would be hot potatoes - Neue Schule bit, Prestige stuff, all very low priced. Have had tonnes of messages 'Is this still available?'' To which I have replied 'Hi. Yes it is'.

And that's the last I've heard.

Am I supposed to do something else?

Widgeon

Am I supposed to do something else?
Umm....I don't suppose you could PM me a link to your advert for the bit? I've just bought a second bridle and am debating whether I'm too lazy to switch bits all the time, but a second NS is a bit pricey! Other than that I can't help I'm afraid, I've had a very useful Le Meuix breakaway headcollar on for cheap for a full year now and no one is interested. Just going to keep the blinking thing in case I ever own a pony again!

Asha

A friend of mine has had a great time selling loads of stuff on ebay. Maybe try that ? Shes sold stuff that you'd really think would need to be binned. She was amazed !

AFB

eBay take too big a cut, FB there are too many chancers.

Had a pair of £130 MH boots only worn a couple of times up for about £80 for the last 6 months and just a load of will you take £50 posted messages.

I've basically given up selling atm and just hoard...

honetpot

I think sometimes people think FB stuff should be very cheap, and unless you know exactly what you are looking for, a tack shop has thousands of items, people feel put off coming to have a look.
I have just taken back an Ideal saddle and a CWD bridle from a second hand tack shop, I thought the saddle in particular would sell over the summer, it has been out but not sold, so sometimes it just luck.

Asha

i agree with honetpot. it can be a game of patience. But i have sold 2 older saddles in the past 12 months on FB. Both times had to wait a bit but i did get the price i wanted, and both people messaged me once they received the item to tell me how delighted they where.
So it does work, as long as you are in no rush ! Just take loads of photos, and get your prices right.

ETA : preloved is also a good option.

HeresHoping

Hmm. It is all on there cheap as chips. I gave a load of stuff to horsey charities when she went. But there is some brand new stuff, still with tags, that I have put at half price or less and all I get is 'is this still available? I have had one person ask if I could waive the postage...that is a new one.

Last edited: