FacePlant Selling - Am I missing a trick?

HeresHoping

Visit site
Am I doing something wrong with FaceBook selling? I listed some tack and caggage on FaceBook Marketplace and clicked all the groups. A lot of it I thought would be hot potatoes - Neue Schule bit, Prestige stuff, all very low priced. Have had tonnes of messages 'Is this still available?'' To which I have replied 'Hi. Yes it is'.

And that's the last I've heard.

Am I supposed to do something else?

dixie

Visit site
This happens on Facebook - a lot…….

are you listing the items as a group or individually? I find I don’t read the group adverts where people take one photo of about 20 items which is difficult to trawl through.

HeresHoping

Visit site
Thank you. Every item is listed separately. I'll rejoin twitter eventing adverts. That might help.

One girl asked for a photo of one of the bits from the underside. Duly did... last I heard. Nothing wrong with it. Not even a thank you but no thanks. Gah.

Widgeon

Visit site
Am I supposed to do something else?

Umm....I don't suppose you could PM me a link to your advert for the bit? I've just bought a second bridle and am debating whether I'm too lazy to switch bits all the time, but a second NS is a bit pricey! Other than that I can't help I'm afraid, I've had a very useful Le Meuix breakaway headcollar on for cheap for a full year now and no one is interested. Just going to keep the blinking thing in case I ever own a pony again!

Asha

Visit site
A friend of mine has had a great time selling loads of stuff on ebay. Maybe try that ? Shes sold stuff that you'd really think would need to be binned. She was amazed !

AFB

Visit site
eBay take too big a cut, FB there are too many chancers.

Had a pair of £130 MH boots only worn a couple of times up for about £80 for the last 6 months and just a load of will you take £50 posted messages.

I've basically given up selling atm and just hoard...

honetpot

Visit site
I think sometimes people think FB stuff should be very cheap, and unless you know exactly what you are looking for, a tack shop has thousands of items, people feel put off coming to have a look.
I have just taken back an Ideal saddle and a CWD bridle from a second hand tack shop, I thought the saddle in particular would sell over the summer, it has been out but not sold, so sometimes it just luck.

Asha

Visit site
i agree with honetpot. it can be a game of patience. But i have sold 2 older saddles in the past 12 months on FB. Both times had to wait a bit but i did get the price i wanted, and both people messaged me once they received the item to tell me how delighted they where.
So it does work, as long as you are in no rush ! Just take loads of photos, and get your prices right.

ETA : preloved is also a good option.

HeresHoping

Visit site
Hmm. It is all on there cheap as chips. I gave a load of stuff to horsey charities when she went. But there is some brand new stuff, still with tags, that I have put at half price or less and all I get is 'is this still available? I have had one person ask if I could waive the postage...that is a new one.

Last edited: