faecal water syndrome after worming

asmp

Visit site
Has anyone else had this? Wormed my oldie with Pramox (as usual after the first hard frost) but for the first time in 16 years he’s now got FWS. I’m assuming it’s not a coincidence. However, he is now on Prascend so wondering if that is the reason.

Can I do anything to stop it or shall I just wait it out and hope his stomach settles down (he was wormed on Monday)?

Highmileagecob

Visit site
Judging by the posts on here it is not uncommon. You could try giving Protexin to help the gut restore balance, or good old bran mash for a few days, although I appreciate buying in 20kg is possibly not practical....My lad is borderline EMS and he has had FWS in varying degrees for years. He is now fed 75% soaked and short chop forage and has improved a lot over this winter.

asmp

Visit site
Judging by the posts on here it is not uncommon. You could try giving Protexin to help the gut restore balance, or good old bran mash for a few days, although I appreciate buying in 20kg is possibly not practical....My lad is borderline EMS and he has had FWS in varying degrees for years. He is now fed 75% soaked and short chop forage and has improved a lot over this winter.
Thank you. I’ll try some Protexin (assuming the local Moles has it in stock!)

asmp

Visit site
Use the protexin quick fix syringe it works quicker, I won't use pramox on any horse now it's too harsh, as your horse is older I would consider not using it again.
I’ve just bought the quick fix syringe. Typically he had most of the Pramox syringe this time - in the past the floor and I have worn most of it!