Failed the vet so the search is back on

catembi

Visit site
Back to the drawing board! Sometimes I wonder if I’m destined not to have a horse or compete ever again... 😥

catembi

Visit site
Yes, the dun! I still like him, but horses are enough trouble without buying it! I was looking forward to having something to ride over Easter and for my week’s leave in May. That poor New Forest is going to have to lug me about for a bit longer!

Outdoorgirl

Visit site
Don't despair. I was looking for a horse about 4 years ago. I saw about 29, rode about 25 and had 4 fail the vet (it was a very expensive search). In the end I found just what I was looking for, when I'd all but given up.

catembi

Visit site
Wow, ODG! My record to date is two fails per purchase event...!

I am about to ride my NF. She might have to learn to hack. I weigh 49kg clothed. Would it be unfair to hack her if I keep it sub hour? She is fairly sturdy... I am not sure if she would BD/BS though. I am going to keep on educating her for now as I have nothing else to ride!

mandyroberts

Visit site
Catembi - at least that made it an easy walk away decision but still upsetting as unless you had your heart set on a horse you wouldn't have it vetted

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Wow, ODG! My record to date is two fails per purchase event...!

I am about to ride my NF. She might have to learn to hack. I weigh 49kg clothed. Would it be unfair to hack her if I keep it sub hour? She is fairly sturdy... I am not sure if she would BD/BS though. I am going to keep on educating her for now as I have nothing else to ride!

I am sure she will be quite capable of carrying you to do anything you want to do. NFs are very sturdy.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Footsore bilaterally in front, dragging toes bilaterally behind, 1/10 flexion test in one hock. You can really see stuff on concrete that isn’t apparent in the school...
Did you not see it trotted up on a hard surface when you 1st went? 🤔
If I like something, I always see it trotted up prior to riding, and if the riding went ok, then trotted up again, always on a hard surface.

catembi

Visit site
Saw trotted up and looked okay. Didn’t see lunged in a circle on concrete which wasn’t okay. Out of everything I have seen lately, three I didn’t ride, two I rode but it was a bit hairy and I certainly didn’t want to canter or jump, but this one I did both and didn’t want to get off.

Actually just this second had a fab schooling session with the NF, who is showing the beginnings of correct work. Not sure how I am going to get her hacking as I have no one to hack with, I *have* to go on the (quiet) road to get to the byway and I am hopeless at long reining. She is 12hh...just measured her! And quite brave.

Follysmum

Visit site
Nf are amazing they are one of the most versatile ponies out there. My nf cross is one of the best ponies I have ever known. She has the heart of a lion and will have a go at anything.

SO1

Visit site
Last edited:

Myloubylou

Visit site
I went to see a beautiful light dun Connemara mare, 14.3hh rising 5. Very nice temperament, jumps well & didn’t seem spooky at all. Decided I shouldn’t go for a green horse but might suit you? Is chunkier variety of Connie. Is in Northamptonshire near Corby

Starbucks

Visit site
Have you had a look at Chaimberlain sport horses? Only seen them on Facebook but looks like they have a number of nice Connie type sports ponies.

be positive

Visit site
Thank you! I wish someone nice would just come and buy her. I much prefer buying horses to selling them!!

The ad reads well enough but the single rather blurred photo is doing nothing to sell her, it would be fine if you had a decent one of her stood up but that alone is going to be overlooked by most people browsing through the ads, unless the breeding appeals there is nothing to really make her stand out from the many others available.