Failed vetting

[131452]

Visit site
Just having a moan. It's hard enough even getting a viewing let alone finding one that will pass vetting.
The lovely ID i had my heart on failed the vetting today as she's slightly lame. A lesser vet might not have noticed but this is why i want to use my vet for vettings.
Very disappointing indeed.
Having had two PTS last year I wont knowingly buy something that might have a problem. For 7 grand you would think I could find a safe and steady all-rounder that's sound ?
I don't think the seller agreed that the horse is lame though so will provably get a local vet out to say it's fine.
You know one of those that vetted my 4.5 year old who was so sick he was PTS 8 months later.

I'm not sure which annoys me more - that yet another horse is lame or the "every vet has a different opinion" attitude expressed today. My vet did say to me on leaving that any vet who cant see that the back end isn't right probably shouldn't be practicing.

doodle

Visit site
Yep frustrating. I found a lovely horse to buy. Got my vet to vet him who had just pts my own horse. Trotted up, lame. I hadn’t seen it, seller didn’t agree she saw it, but vet stopped vetting there and then and only changed me £50 instead of full price. He could see why I wanted the horse as he was lovely but there we go.

[131452]

Visit site
Frustrating but its why we have them vetted and use a good vet. The owner can get a local vet to say the horse is sound but any buyer should have their own vetting
That's true. After what happened to me this is the reason why I use my vet.
The seller was very pushy about getting the vetting done quickly and I now wonder if they knew there might be a problem.

[131452]

Visit site
Yep frustrating. I found a lovely horse to buy. Got my vet to vet him who had just pts my own horse. Trotted up, lame. I hadn’t seen it, seller didn’t agree she saw it, but vet stopped vetting there and then and only changed me £50 instead of full price. He could see why I wanted the horse as he was lovely but there we go.
Same story here. He said there was no point in proceeding and charging me for a 5 stage vetting.

[131452]

Visit site
I paid the deposit directly to the seller , not the equestrian centre selling the horse. How long should I give the seller to return it?
I don't know the seller's address if it came to something like threatening court action , something I have had to do in the past after a failed vetting. Considering I was pushed into placing a deposit quickly I was hoping she would repay the courtesy and return it quickly.

[131452]

Visit site
I wonder if i made a mistake by not asking for an address for the seller?
I hope this isnt going to turn into a problem.....

EventingMum

Visit site
Just having a moan. It's hard enough even getting a viewing let alone finding one that will pass vetting.
The lovely ID i had my heart on failed the vetting today as she's slightly lame. A lesser vet might not have noticed but this is why i want to use my vet for vettings.
Very disappointing indeed.
Having had two PTS last year I wont knowingly buy something that might have a problem. For 7 grand you would think I could find a safe and steady all-rounder that's sound ?
I don't think the seller agreed that the horse is lame though so will provably get a local vet out to say it's fine.
You know one of those that vetted my 4.5 year old who was so sick he was PTS 8 months later.

I'm not sure which annoys me more - that yet another horse is lame or the "every vet has a different opinion" attitude expressed today. My vet did say to me on leaving that any vet who cant see that the back end isn't right probably shouldn't be practicing.

This could have been me writing this, only one of the two I bought last year has been pts but the other has kissing spines so the future is not certain. I had one vetted today which failed, the seller doesn't think there's a problem and I'm sure a less thorough vet will say it's ok. You have my sympathy, I'm finding it so hard.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
There is every possibility that the owner (and the owner's vet) does not agree with you and yours. Only time will tell who is correct, but having been on both sides of the dilemma there are frequently differing opinions.

Jayzee

Visit site
Sorry to her about the vetting.

I had a near identical experience! I also payed a deposit and haven't had it back, also had to pay a deposit pretty quickly! Really hoping I get it back.

Horse I viewed was in the south east, just sounds so similar

[131452]

Visit site
This was in W/SW. The dealer assures I will get it back. ?‍♀️
Last time it was a private sale so I had their address . Had to send two threatening letters and they caved in.
I hope the dealer is correct and there won't be a problem....funny how I can log into Internet bank and do a transfer in seconds like I did putting the deposit down.

Dyllymoo

Visit site
At least you had the vetting.

I had a dealer once try to convince the vet to do the vetting even though the horse had lost a shoe (and they hadn't noticed?!)…. vet obviously refused several times, dealer was adamant horse would be fine, and even trotted horse up for the vet to "prove he was fine"... he was lame... possibly footsore through loosing shoe but who knows. Vet said no chance the vetting would go ahead and that was that.

Sorry just realised this was from July.... sorry!!!

Sossigpoker

Visit site
Someone's created a Facebook page for selling their horse. Looks like a nice RC allrounder. It says in the advert that the horse is basically perfect with everything and will pass a 5 stage vetting.
Only at the beginning of the video when the horse is trotting lo