Fal ad... going to advertise after all.

LauraBR

Visit site
Now that I have hopefully (subject to vet) found my new horse I really need to get Fal sold. Find out tomorrow whether the chap he is on trial with at the moment will make me an offer but in the meantime I want to advertise him...

Have drafted the ad and tried to make clear his issues- would be grateful for your thoughts, have I made it clear enough? Going to put him up for £1900 initially.

Stunning Hanoverian x Westphalian by Grannusberg (famous dressage/jumping G line) out of a Fulton mare. Extremely talented with 3 extravagant paces and a scopey bold jump. Serious dressage/showjumping/eventing prospect with genuine potential.
Easy to do, shoe, box etc. Freezemarked, passported, vaccinations etc up to date.

He is priced as he is because he bucks, and has shattered my confidence. Sadly I am not nearly experienced enough or physically strong enough to cope with a horse like him, nor to I have the time the a horse like him requires. He can be difficult to mount and has bucked me off soon after mounting in the past. When schooling he often bucks in canter. He has learnt all of my weaknesses and doesn’t hesitate to exploit them to the point where I will no longer get on him. I have spent a fortune on a variety of veterinary investigations, in the hope that a physical problem could explain his behaviour but nothing has been found. He passed a 5 stage vetting in October '05 and based on the full veterinary work ups he has had I don’t doubt that he would sail through another.

He has responded well in the past to professional schooling but has regressed once back home with me as I don’t have the experience to carry on his training effectively.
I have spelt out his issues very clearly in this ad because I am set on finding a caring home who can do him justice. I will only sell him to someone with the time and experience he requires- price negotiable for such a home.

gemma1992

Visit site
couldn't you put him on long term loan or do you have to sell him.
If he was sold I'm sure people wouldn't just sell him on again if he misbehaves whereas you could write up a loan agreement saying that he can't be sold on.

sorry if I've misread it. I'm not with it today,

rema

Visit site
That is a very fair and honest ad.Very well written.People reading the ad will be under no illusions the he has some issues!!.And therefore you hopefully shouldent get the timewasters who just want a cheap horse!!.

Its great to hear you have found a horse!!.
grin.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
That sounds OK to me!

Do you have any idea about how he is getting on with the people who have him at the mo?

Best of luck with your new horse- she sounds super!
smile.gif

LauraBR

Visit site
Thanks, will stick it on and see how it goes...

No more news on how he is getting on but based on the fact he hasn't been dropped home yet I guess no news must be good news? Fingers crossed.

seabiscuit

Visit site
Absolutely ! I am sure that if he was being completly impossible they wouldnt have hesitated to let you know about it!
wink.gif

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
It's an honest and heartfelt ad but I would shorten it a little, taking out some of the longer bits about his bucking and stressing more the fact that when at the professional yard he is fine, blame you more than him (even though I reckon you have done incredibly well to ride him after the first time he bucked you off)
The reason being you need to make anyone realise he is ridable so is therefore worth the money.
If you make him sound too difficult the price will drop to meat money around £500.
This is one of those times when you perhaps need to take more blame than necessary to achieve the money towards your new horse.
If he was unridable it would be with the professionals too, so any buyer has to know that to make him worth the price.
hope this doesn't sound horrible, I've tried to be honest!

Equibeau

Visit site
I agree with HH, think I would cut a little of the second para. It is well written though, and I really hope that it brings the right owner your way. Best of luck with the new horse, sounds lovely.

LauraBR

Visit site
this any better do you think?

Stunning Hanoverian x Westphalian by Grannusberg (famous dressage/jumping G line) out of a Fulton mare. Extremely talented with 3 extravagant paces and a scopey bold jump. Serious dressage/showjumping/eventing prospect with genuine potential.
Easy to do, shoe, box etc. Freezemarked, passported, vaccinations etc up to date.

He is priced as he is because he bucks, can be difficult to mount, and has shattered my confidence. Sadly I am not nearly experienced enough or physically strong enough to cope with a horse like him, nor to I have the time the a horse like him requires. I have spent a fortune on a variety of veterinary investigations, in the hope that a physical problem could explain his behaviour but nothing has been found. He passed a 5 stage vetting in October '05 and based on the full veterinary work ups he has had I don’t doubt that he would sail through another.

He has responded well in the past to professional schooling, but has regressed once back home with me as I don’t have the experience to carry on his training effectively.
I have spelt out his issues in this ad because I am set on finding a caring home who can do him justice. I will only sell him to someone with the time and experience he requires- price negotiable for such a home.

RunToEarth

Visit site
God that last bit chocked me up, I love the ad, I wish everybody could be as honest as that in their approach to advertising, good luck with the sale xx

LauraBR

Visit site
If you think that is honest you should hear me on the phone to people who have called up lol!

Had a few calls, all of whom sound like the 'right home'- serious eventing/SJ homes prepared to put in the work. Have said I'll call them back tomorrow and let them know if he is still for sale after I have spoken to chap who has him now.

Seems his breeding and conformation is his ultimate saving grace... nearly dropped the phone when one woman told me how much he would be worth unbroken
shocked.gif

ruscara

Visit site
Yes, the second draft is much better, and I like the ad very much. The only thing I can see you haven't put is his age, which I would always want to know about a horse 'with potential'. Other than that, I hope it will be successful in finding Fal his perfect new home. I know how sad you must feel writing this.

LauraBR

Visit site
Thanks Caroline, he's on horsemart and the age goes in the title and 'stats' automatically although hope I have remembered to put his age in the projecthorses one too... *runs to check*