Fal rugs

DosyMare

Visit site
I love Fal. You can see find good ones on eBay.

But I believe Fal is now part of Loveson and they are not as good as they were.

Horseware are great and also Premier Equine and Bucas - same shape rugs.

LissyBear

Visit site
No Fal where bought out. The same company also bough Tagg equestrian, loveson, prolly products, T Frost racing and a few others. They are not like they where when you last had one but that is not to say they are not good rugs still.

hippo-horse

Visit site
I bought a turnout last year, and i am not pleased with it. It split where the shiney lining joined the outer layer in 3 seperate places :(. It has spent more time being mended than on the horse. I only chose it because my other fal rugs are still going strong after many years of use, and I wish I had spent my money on another new horsewear rug instead.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I bought a turnout last year, and i am not pleased with it. It split where the shiney lining joined the outer layer in 3 seperate places :(. It has spent more time being mended than on the horse. I only chose it because my other fal rugs are still going strong after many years of use, and I wish I had spent my money on another new horsewear rug instead.

was it an original Fal you bought or the newer foreign made ones??

I have around 23 Fals love them wouldn't buy horseware to tight in chest

I have

7 bulldogs necks and no necks
2 cavaliers
2 godolphins
5 goliaths
3 taskers
1 chieftan
2 vikings
2 slumberdowns

sheeesh i cant count 24 prob a few i missed out :D

Anyone use them?

I had one many years ago and thought it was great.

I think the shape will suit my new(ish) horse, but are the rugs the same as they were?

I would buy original rugs like bulldog cavalier goliath godolphin

look on ebay

i must admit the slumberdowns new taskers and chieftans are not as good

Last edited:

Ashgrove

www.facebook.com
Thanks for all the replies.

It was a Slumberdown turnout I had and a candy stripe stable rug. They were great, then I sold them :rolleyes:

Weatherbeeta Freestyles are too wide, I have a Horseware, I'm not convinced it's a good fit. Premier Equine aren't right on him nor are Shires.

Maybe I should just change the horse? :D

Herts05

Visit site
I have bought Slumberdown rugs from Hertford Horse Bits in the past and they are great. - I think they bought up a job lot a few years ago, give them a call and they should be able to tell you if they have any left in your horse's size.

sueeltringham

Visit site

You need to take it back to where you bought it. I had a Chieftain and had come apart at the lining and it also leaked. It was over a year old, but Fal still replaced it last summer. The new one is fab and better made, plus they gave me a medium weight to replace my lightweight :D

kerilli

Visit site
the old Fals were fabulous, mine are still going strong about 14 years on. I managed to buy another new one just over a year ago, that was the very last of the old stock apparently. it's as good as the old ones were.
well worth hunting out, they're fantastic, and they never rub.