Falabellas

GTs

Visit site
Mini ponies are dumb - it is all about mini donkeys!!

If it is going to be useless atleast make it cute.

honeysuckle3.jpg

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
They are worse behaved than Sh*tlands, AND you can't ride them, they escape under fences, and you have to buy WEENY things for them which are difficult to get hold of ie you can't just get it from local tack shop!

I want one too......
blush.gif

MillionDollar

Visit site
My friend is selling a British Minature- gorgeous Strawberry roan, white star, four white socks, yearling filly named Flicker!!! Shes not too small 42 inches i think, so she'll be able to be broken into harness when old enough. At her first show last month she qualified for the Minature Horse of the Year show. Shes not asking much for her at all because all she wants is a good home for her. PM for details.
smile.gif

Oh and i really wanted to buy her, but I can't as i have too many already
frown.gif
So i don't have anything bad to say about them really except that the really small ones don't have a proper use- they are very cute however.
wink.gif

baybeejay01

community.webshots.com
I agree with the "chocolate teapot"! They also usually look like they have been put together using the bits left over from proper horses (crap conformation and overly large heads). Still, some people like them but if you can't work them at all - aren't they likely to be a nightmare in the old laminitis department?!
confused.gif

sojeph

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
but if you can't work them at all - aren't they likely to be a nightmare in the old laminitis department?!
confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No more than any horse/pony that can't be worked for whatever reason!

I have 3 ponies - 2 are pets ie never work, 1 works. The one that works had a a lami attack this year!!

Toadeyes

www.hamletshouse.co.uk
Well if they are not useful, e.g to be ridden or worked then they are just pets or companions. There are so many non horsey people wanting these 'cute' little ponies to keep as pets and very often end up inadvertently mistreating them as they know nothing about horses.

classiclady

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well if they are not useful, e.g to be ridden or worked then they are just pets or companions. There are so many non horsey people wanting these 'cute' little ponies to keep as pets and very often end up inadvertently mistreating them as they know nothing about horses.

[/ QUOTE ]

There are people in the horse world who think they know about horses but don't

Toadeyes

www.hamletshouse.co.uk
Your point being?

You say, hes your pet but I doubt you let him into your house or transport him around in the back seat of your car (which I have heard of people doing).

Yes pony breeding shouldnt be taken lightly. Thats the point I was trying to make.

sojeph

Visit site
Ownership and breeding of pets shouldn't be taken lightly whatever they may be. I'd bet that theres as many dogs/cats/small animals inadvertantly being mistreated due to ignorance as there are small ponies, probably alot more as I'm sure more people would think alot harder about buying a small horse/pony than they would a puppy or kitten.

barkinghorse

Visit site
May i point out that Falabellas are horses not ponies......
Also having 36 yrs experience of horses i am not looking into this as a whim, i would like to show in hand and want something a bit different from your typical M&M.
jo

teapot

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
About as much use as a chocolate teapot!

[/ QUOTE ]

oi less of the teapot jokes
laugh.gif

I've never understood why people like minis - give me 16hh between the legs anyday

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Got a bee in my bonnet about Falabella horses,
Quick talk me out of going and buying one this weekend!!
Jo

[/ QUOTE ]

lol! There is one at my yard and soooo cute. I say GO FOR IT!
grin.gif