False Plaits!

tigger01

Visit site
I have bought some of said items - but try as I might, attaching them seems the most impossible task!!! We have only a small amount of mane to attach them to but enough to hair gel into a small bunch (and I mean a small small bunch!!!) as per instructions, but what to do next?!!! Sew or band? Where does the spare mane go? I'm totally baffled - considering hogging which might look a little odd on a 26 year old warmblood!!!

conniegirl

Visit site
you have to sew them in, banding will not work.
If you can plait even just a couple of plait layers it makes it far easier to sew in to them

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
I will add that I attempted this with my PBA, it was a totally useless exercise as her mane was too thin to support the fake plait! If you have a thick (but obviously short) mane then sewing in is the way forward, just gather the remaining mane as best you can and band into a bunch, or even better is to plait the remaining mane and make a tiny ball, to then sew the plait into.

I just made teeny tiny plaits for mine which weren't the end of the world and as long as everything was neat never affected our placings showing :).

Lovethebeach

Visit site
small circle of felt same colour as skin, superglue to false plait, then superglue onto crest, couple of stitches into plaits next door for extra security :) superglue was developed as a skin adhesive so safe.