Fancy a spot of Unaffiliated Dressage this Sunday?(Kent/Surrey Border)

Pasha

Visit site
Chelsham and Bromley Riding Club's Winter Dressage Series kicks off this Sunday with a Walk & Trot Test, Prelim 7 and Prelim 12.

If anyone is interested in coming along, please visit the Riding Club website www.cbrc.org.uk or contact the Events Secretary on 07802 476 857

TGM

Visit site
It may be that senility is kicking in early, but I can't seem to find any details of the dressage comp on the website
confused.gif

burtie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Prob stupid question but what is a walk & trot test?

[/ QUOTE ]

A test without Canter! Riding clubs tend to create their own and they are normally in the schedule so you know what to do!

Very popular around here!

Pasha

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Where is Chelsham? I am in Horley. Maybe interested in doing the prelim 7

[/ QUOTE ]

Chelsham is in Warlingham, about 30 mins from you. If you are interested you can contact the Events Secretary on 07802 476 857 - she should also be able to help with directions

Pasha

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
OK I know Warlingham - meant to go up there next week for mock hunt. Are you taking late entries then?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, officially entires close Thursday evening if you phone the secretary and then pay on the day as they have top organise everyone's times

Are you doing the Mock Hunt at Warren Barn? We are about 1/2 mile from there down Fairchilds Lane

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Maidstone in Kent.
I think it would take us about an hour to get there, maybe a little more? Unfortunately OH is shooting, Mum is also abroad, and I haven't passed my trailer test, bummer!

Pasha

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Maidstone in Kent.
I think it would take us about an hour to get there, maybe a little more? Unfortunately OH is shooting, Mum is also abroad, and I haven't passed my trailer test, bummer!

[/ QUOTE ]

Never mind - we have one on the 12th November and one on 3rd December too! We also have a Showjumping Series starting in November

Pasha

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
That is the plan - though I have heard mixed views on taking my girl there

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never done a mock hunt there or anywhere - bit worried my Arab will think he's back racing! But I guess it depends what you are looking to get out of it?

I have firends that go and they love it - say it is well organised and safe (children do it too) and it is very easy to keep to your own pace and leave out jumps if you want to

Only downside I can see is people always get stuck with trailers and lorries in the field and have to wait to be rescued by the tractor

samp

Visit site
I want to go to make my mare more forward going and responsive. Though think may regret it when brakes fail

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Yeah, but Gina has to pass first (test on 22nd Nov) so may be a while.
Did you pass you test before '97? I could insure you on my 4x4 and you could pull the trailer!?!?!

Sal_E

Visit site
Yes, I did - can I do it with my eyes closed though?! Too scared to tow - sorry! Daft really as I'm a perfectly confident driver but just can't get my head round the responsibility of having the horses's lives in my hands. Silly really.

Jules could tow though - he has a 4x4 but not the trailer. That said, I think his 4x4 would only take one horse - it's only a Honda CRV 2.2 diesel, not man enough for 2 probably
frown.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
You know what though, I can drive on L plates if you are in the car with me! Ian telling me I could do it!
I could practice my driving Otto to Karen's yard on Saturday. Not sure about going to Surrey but if there is something closer I would think about it. What do you think, would you feel confident with me driving?????

Sal_E

Visit site
Yeah, I'd feel perfectly happy with that (I'm a great backseat driver!!) - I wouldn't know if it's definitely legal though so you'd need to get that double checked. Slight problem is that the roads between us are pretty horrid, it might need a detour via the 249... Get practising
grin.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Will do but it's an option for the future. I forgot I said I would hack out with a mate on Sunday anyway, better not let her down.

Your right about the roads, even driving on them can be a misson!