fancy dress ideas

spooks

Visit site
anyone come up with any ideas for a 4yr old boy and a shetland ? ive got a couple of things im going to do (once ive worked out how to use a sewing machine) kids are being useless and cant think of anything!

JessPickle

Visit site
I did superman with pickle at out last fancy dress. and with a little boy you can easily get a small outfit from ebay. Then I just bought some superman party plates and sowed them onto a blue saddlecloth

If you want some pictures of our superman outfit just pm me!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Indian brave (poster paints make great hand prints!!)
smile.gif

indian2.jpg

Christmas_Kate

Visit site
I should have said, lion king, you have a chestnut shettie, hairspray that wild mane into a lion's mane, back comb it, whatever, bandage tail into a lion's tail, and dress kid up as a meercat. One lion king!

piebaldsparkle

Visit site
Wow that's sounds fab. Now just need my sister to drop her baby, convince it, it wants to ride and go a purchase a chesnut pony with a massive mane!!!! Might have to go for Sec A as Sparks flips out at anything smaller!!!!
grin.gif

spooks

Visit site
keep them coming, good ideas so far. tinks already looks like a lion with her mane (not as much as G does though!) superman is a good one , think i have seen the pics but feel free to post them to remind me! i have thought of a knight but had a metal block and cant remember what a knights horse wears!

TequilaMist

Visit site
When my daughter was bout 5 I sat up most of night and made a grey furry rabbit suite(sort of looked like a fluffy grey boiler suite with a hood,put elastic in hood so it would go round face,fastened up front with velcro) complete with stand up ears and fluffy white tail,we drew whiskers and blacked daughters nose (with eyeliner pencil) shetland pony had antlers and biege dots on back,they went as Bambi and Thumper.She got 1st prize.

buzzles

Visit site
My sister has done pony fancy dress every year since she was 3 (now 11), the ones I can remember are, sylvester and tweetie (she had a sylvester cat outfit and stuck yellow feathers on pony), angel on a christmas tree (green rug with xmas decrations on it and she was angel, if boy maybe he could be a star?), headless horseman, (that one was my idea and came out really well-was quite real and scary looking!!), a lot of princess ones (snow princess, space princess and just dress pony up similar- maybe not good idea for a boy though!), santa and rudolph, a witch and a ghost, harry potter and a unicorn, sea horse (lots of beach things tied everywhere and a swim suit over johds!), clothes horse, sock horse. Popular ones at comps seem to be cowboys, indians, knights, (lord of the rings style or narnia style), hobbits, gandalf and shadowfax, the lone ranger and silver, tonto and scout, zorro and his horse.