fancy pants name

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
I am potentially buying a 5YO this summer, very well bred (by Captain Clover out of a mare by Kannan) but as far as I am aware he does not have a "fancy" passport name. His stable name is George and as I am bored out of my skull at the moment I have been considering competition names....

could I call him 'Giorgio Armani' or is this a breach of copy right etc.? I don't know why but I kind of like it:rolleyes:...

Other ideas include....

Georgiliano (don't know where I got this from.. I must be very bored)

Rough Diamond (Dam is called Diamonds Kannan and he is quite green)

Gambling Diamonds / Diamond Gamble (or some variation of this because he is so green he is a bit of a gamble)

so just for fun what do you think/ any suggestions?:)

be positive

Visit site
Georgiliano has a good ring to it, if you went with Rough Diamond you would have a number after it if allowed as there are so many, at least 10 on the BE list already, which is something to bear in mind when choosing a name. you will probably need up to 4 options.

Brochdoll

Visit site
No PolarSkye Fancy Pants is sounding good ;)

I didn't know that about the numbers be positive though now you've said it it's pretty obvious!

LittleRooketRider

Visit site
Georgiliano has a good ring to it, if you went with Rough Diamond you would have a number after it if allowed as there are so many, at least 10 on the BE list already, which is something to bear in mind when choosing a name. you will probably need up to 4 options.

yeah I'm not really surprised...I'm not particularly imaginative

twiggy2

Visit site
how about ..'In Fancy Pants'

one woman I worked for had a total of 7 horses and ponies and on a drunken night out we thought up the show names to fit...
Yes But maybe
Yes But I might
Yes But tomorrow
Yes But it's hot
Yes But it's raining
and
Yes But the grass is green

the six above only did local stuff and were often cause for a giggle on the day.

the last one whose show name I cannot remember was given a serious smart name as he had potential when being shown as a yearling and 2yr old but working for that woman was like banging my head against a brick wall although she was lovely

Last edited:

pip6

Visit site
Is that worse than 'next in the ring is Georgia B riding George'??????????????

You could get away by slightly misspelling name to prevent impingment of copyright, like Georgio Arrmani (Aghmani, Arrghmani etc).

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
You could do "In Giorgio Armani"...

Georgia B riding in Giorgio Armani.

Or call him Giorgio at home and just "In Armani" as his show name.

But I also like Fancy Pants!

Last edited:

Pie's mum

Visit site
Captain George?

I like Fancy Pants too!

Edited after having a nosey at the link - cor what a cracker! Very nice!

BethanT

Visit site

Is there a quick way to find out if names you choose are already taken? Other than to search on each site for BE, BD and BS