Fancy XC around Aston le Walls ? Headcam alert !

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Today we toddled off to Aston le Walls for an unaffiliated ODE over the BE90 course.

Dressage was a bit 'meh' so was pleased to end up with a very generous 36. The arenas were literally 6 inches apart and my arena was along side the main route for the fences judges to get onto the course so a couple of times whilst trotting or cantering up the long side I was eye balling a bewildered driver or two :D

The SJ was a nice up to height course. When I got to the warm up there was only two of us in there - couldn't believe it, result :D Charged round pretending that I could stop if I wanted :eek:. Went in and rode like a knob to the last which duly plunged to the floor - plus side - no time penalties :rolleyes:

XC, a few questions but nothing that worried me (too much) Decided not to wear spurs. Went round clear just 4 seconds off the optimum time. I went round in 4.16, time was 4.20 :D

I would advise at this point if you intend to watch the video to turn off all sound :p For some bizarre reason I say 'hup' at least 3 times :eek: 'Steady' about 700 times. Make all sorts of weird noises and sound very butch when I tell her she's a good girl :confused:

Ended up with a score of 40 so didn't hang around as wouldn't of got placed. I like nice round numbers :)

Enjoy :D

Aiming to do a BE100 by the end of the season as she found it quite easy jmuping wise. Dressage is normally good but changed bits on instructors recommendation last week so we're both still getting used to it :)

http://youtu.be/OYpFEdTV6K0

Carefreegirl

Visit site
I tried watching it but alas my crappy broadband just isn't quite up to YouTube!

Well done, she is definitely sounding like she is ready to move up!

Saved your ears from bleeding :)

Great video - I enjoyed your commentary! I'd be awful I'm always gabbing away.

Got off quite lightly - I normally sing or screech as my husband calls it :)

super video, i love watching via hatcam view. Agree re ready to move up now.

Just need to sort out my SJ demons but jump instructor finished my lesson early on Friday as he was so pleased with me - or he just wanted to get to the pub :D

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Amazing video! Love your commentary and I want your horse :D

:D She's not mine, just very very lucky to ride her. Owners normal rider smashed her knee up just as they wanted to break her in so I offered my services expecting to break her in the sod off but kept the ride and then moved my horse there as well :) Broke her full sister last year and have her full brother to do sometime later this summer. It's a family affair !

Dusty85

Visit site
How lovely!! Well done to the both of you- she made the whole course look very easy.
It's very informative to see courses ridden too so thank you!

Addicted to Hunting

Visit site
Good video, I was also there today in the same class, but didn't do as well. But was actually still really pleased as was our 2nd ODE and really our first proper 90 course, either had very green moments or pro moments if that makes sense, and the pro bits where prop at the trickier xc fences, lol. won't do a full report on Your thread as a bit mean.

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Thankyou everyone.
WB, she's by Jendali and a tbx mare who show jumped to a decent level so 3/4 TB, 1/8th WB and little bit of something else :)

SBJ. There were a few questions on the xc, plenty enough for a second ODE. Well done, results on paper don't always comes how how well / pleased we actually are :)

BeckyD

Visit site
Wooohoo that was quite thrilling to watch! (explains why I get time faults for being too slow as well ;)). Quite a tough 90 for ALW - a double of corners?! I've never seen them do that before. Looks like you had a super ride though, well done!

Hopefully see you out and about again soon! What's next for you?

Lolo

Visit site
That's a tough 90cm! She ate it up though, clever pony :D Al sympathises with the SJ demons holding stuff back a bit, but it sounds like you've almost got them completely cracked :)

I love hatcam videos, and you definitely don't sound butch at all- much better than me, I sound like I'm a 5yo on helium...

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Wooohoo that was quite thrilling to watch! (explains why I get time faults for being too slow as well ;)). Quite a tough 90 for ALW - a double of corners?! I've never seen them do that before. Looks like you had a super ride though, well done!

Hopefully see you out and about again soon! What's next for you?

Hi Mrs.K :D The only other time we went to ALW was in October 2011 and they had the double of corners then but without a black flag alternative.

Bill's trouble is that he's to laid back, he'd rather be sitting in deck chair with his hooves up and smoking a spliff :cool: I (think) I saw your friend from MK with the nice bay. We both said hello to each other like we knew each other and had a little chat and as she walked off I said to YO 'she's hasn't a clue who I am' :eek:

As for making the time xc - a couple of seasons out Hunting works wonders for a rider, galloping across sometimes unknown country and jumping whatever is in front of you. When they say xc should be at 'A good hunting pace' I have a bit of an idea what they mean. Inside I'm screaming like a banshee though ;)

We're off to MK on the 23rd of this month. How about you ?

That's a tough 90cm! She ate it up though, clever pony :D Al sympathises with the SJ demons holding stuff back a bit, but it sounds like you've almost got them completely cracked :)

I love hatcam videos, and you definitely don't sound butch at all- much better than me, I sound like I'm a 5yo on helium...

She's a very very clever pony :) I looked at the last SJ instead of looking beyond it - bad jockey :mad: I even said to YO that I wanted to jump the spread in the warm up one more time. She fainted as I normally say no I don't want to jump it again.......

Fantastic round - love the soundtrack! :p

Thankyou. More of a 'Noise track' than a sound track me thinks.

Last edited:

Carefreegirl

Visit site
Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed watching it, although am very content not to do it. ;) I was impressed with the stability of the video and how fast your mare covered the ground and just popped everything. Well done. :)

I'm really pleased with the camera. It's a HD Drift. Ebay bargain. It just clips to the side of my hat and the clip that is on the hat I stuck on with extra strong velcro so can totally remove it if I want. It has a wrist band that you press to record / stop so you don't have to faff around blind. It's about the size of a mars bar so I reckon if I strap a snickers bar to the other I'll even up and can stop for a snack half way round :D