fantasic week-end break!! (long post)

pagancluf

Visit site
I acheived one of my ambitions - to take my horse on holiday this week-end
laugh.gif
I know it is not like riding the Derby Bank but I am a novice in all respects - so 8 ladies ranging from 16 - 47 yrs travelled with their horses (thought we may need to contact the AA road watch as in tandem) to horse holiday spot in Derbyshire (PM if you want to know where as dn want to advertise and be told off!) We stayed in a log cabin with central heating and more mod cons than my house (not saying much!) but it was fab.. The horses had their own paddock (or stable if you wanted) with LOADS of grass - so they were happy... and the best bit about the accom - could see horses out of living room and bedroom window (always been a dream of mine!). Especially mine eating, having MANY rolls and bucking like a banshee around the field saying "mum this is ace I am glad to be alive"
The riding was excellent - accross fields, bridleways, tracks (no traffic in sight) and the farm was on a 250 acre site that you could plod around, we hacked to a pub about 10 miles away (had to have a beer to re-fuel!
wink.gif
) and then cantered/galloped most of the way back. It was on the Pennine Bridleway also so good access etc - Now I took my camera - but have to ask SSM how to put photos on as very technophobic! so will plan to borrow her before week-end to get some posted (poss not the ones whre we are palstered at end of evening with 10 shots spread accross the table and a home delivery chinky for 10 adults?)
shocked.gif

SSM

Visit site
Still jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
......when I know she can box

Will help you with the photos, but not Wednesday as I am off to see the 'other' man in my life
wink.gif