Fantastic Day! First Rosette (kind of)!!!! LONG and self indulgent

LauraBR

Visit site
As some of you might know from posts I have made over the last weeks, Sam and I have having a bit of sticky time getting the measure of one another.

Our ventures out jumping usually involve lots of running out, elimination, and often a fall at some point
blush.gif

All of sudden it is like something has clicked with our jumping- I'm riding SO much better, my position jumping is a billion times better and I'm riding him so much more confidently and positively which *shock horror* is reducing the run outs!

SO..... today we went to the SJxHT again (round of 15 xc jumps in big outdoor arena- 75cm, really nice little course). Did the clear round to warm up (last time he refused pretty much EVERYTHING more than once AND I fell off)... and we went clear!!!!!!! Really had him going forwards and he was really jumping beautifully, he even jumped the water trays first time
shocked.gif
Friends from yard all gave a huge cheer
grin.gif

Then our actual round.... you should have seen the smile on my face all the way round!!!! We were jumping so much better (friend who I compete with every week said we looked like a completely different horse and rider, she was shocked!)! Managed to get him round a really tricky corner (lot of horses ended up running into the side of the arena as it was so tight) but then lost my way a bit and jumped the wrong jump!! Carried on but then made a mistake I will never make again.... I took my eye off the ball and as we were flowing so well I assumed we were going to get home.... GAH!!!! at fence 15 I hit the floor before I even knew what had happened.

To the untrained eye it must sound like a disaster but it was anything but- amazing difference, really proud of us both and I think I have one of those smiles that is going to last a while
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Oh, and the rosette... my friend and I have long standing joke about my burning desire for first rosette (we joke about looking for kids to push off ponies to steal their rosettes off them for me etc, doesn't sound funny but it amuses us) so my friend went to the secretary and arranged for them to present me a clear round rosette- pmslmao!!!!!! Honesty, you'd think we were younger than *coughs* nearly 30... but the secretary seemed to get the joke and Sam travelled home with his lilac clear round rosette proudly pinned to his rug.

Our first ever rosette
grin.gif

teapot

Visit site
Fantastic, well done you
grin.gif

And brill about the rosette too.

You should get one of those photo & rosette frames combined and put a photo in of today if you got any

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Well done!
grin.gif
Onwards and upwards by the sound of it.

Know what you mean about rosettes though, I waited behind after our first sponsored ride so I could get my completion rosette
blush.gif
blush.gif
Hehe! I am 26 and offically a sad loser....
tongue.gif

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Congratulations! Having not shown for more years than I care to think let alone type, I can tell you that when I "won" a special rosette in our only class last year on the new mare, I pinned it on the matnlepiece! So I know just how you feel.

LauraBR

Visit site
No photos sadly, shame as there were 5 of us from my yard competing- we were cursing ourselves for not bringing a camcorder (don't usually as no one to film us). We each have our own 'challenges' with our horses and it was one of those outing where seeing yourself in action would have been really useful. Ho hum, we'll ring one next time.

LauraBR

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Well done!
grin.gif
Onwards and upwards by the sound of it.

Know what you mean about rosettes though, I waited behind after our first sponsored ride so I could get my completion rosette
blush.gif
blush.gif
Hehe! I am 26 and offically a sad loser....
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol Lucy! I think sometimes it is what goes before that makes these things so special. I think I would definitely be queueing too after sponsored ride if I had ever got that far with Fal. Likewise, if I had not have had so many problems jumping Sam then today wouldn't have really meant anything- I'd have been disappointed to a) get elimiated for the wrong course and b) come off AGAIN lol!
grin.gif

Patches

Visit site
I don't know if I'm crying from laughter or I'm emotional as I'm so thrilled for you that things are coming together for you. You really deserve this Laura.

Pidge

Visit site
A disaster to others can be a triumph to you, I did a dresaage test on Pidge last year and he was a git, but I was chuffed to bits as we did a flying change in the warm up when I asked him to. So I was happy but others couldn't understand why. Sounds like it has clicked with the jumping, go enjoy yourself with Sam, its great when it finally clicks, makes it all worthwhile and hey who needs drugs when you can get such a buzz from horses!
I think for me when I concentrate too hard on the jumping it doesn't go well, if I just go out there and focus on one or two things it goes much better, and one of those is ENJOY IT. Congratuilations on getting your first rosette, I hope your smile lasts all week. I bore my work colleagues to death and even take my rosettes in to show them off - I'm sure they think I'm mad to get so excited about a rosette, I am 35 after all.