FANTASTIC weekend!!!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
Basically went up to the Royal Horse Artilery Training centre at Larkhill for XC training on their horses and had a brilliant weekend. Sadly my weekend was cut short as one of the group (5 of us in total) had a nasty rotational fall at a frangible pin fence (but the pin didn't go but that prob has a lot to do with how horse hit fence) leaving rider with a good concussion and at the local hospital. Apparently she isn't too bad but her short term memory is currently rather fuzzy. Meant we did little this afternoon as by time she was taken to hospital light was failing. The rest of the girls are going to Downlands farm (i think that is what its called) though tomorrow so they get chance to do bit more.

Even with that we still did alot. Rode twice yesterday including jumping a variety of the BE fences including the water complex. Went on the inner gallop track on Larkhill race course in proper jockey fashion which was sooooo much fun and generally worked loads on our position and technique.

Put me in real eventing mode now (soo annoying its the end of the season) but determined now to get Fleur out BEing next year and If I can get to Larkhill Intro I have been offered a free stable
tongue.gif

Katie

tigers_eye

Visit site
I always think Larkhill is fab, apart from the incessant wind! Sorry about the fall, and crap you had to miss Downlands, it's really nice there too, although more a schooling venue than a whoppee venue like Larkhill. Good luck with Fleur.... I'll send you the name of that homeopathic stuff we used to disorientate her last time if you like
wink.gif

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
owww yes must have name of that stuff it was very effective wasn't it!!
wink.gif

Thought the few novice fences that were still out looked quite beefy including Bryan's favourite fence a huge brush with ditch in front, apparently they are running an intermediate section as well next year. On the other end the Intro looked just my cup of tea for a first season eventing (we will event we will!!!!!) with nothing too taxing which probably explains why they run a seperate intro day that apparently had 8 sections this year!!

We were lucky with weather although chilly (which we didn't notice once got going) there was basically no wind other than a light breeze and the only rain was last night whilst we were in pub!!
laugh.gif

seabiscuit

Visit site
Larkhill is fantastic isnt it- my friend is 2 mins hack away from there, so she has all those jumps and racetracks at her disposal *not that she is allowed to without paying*
wink.gif

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
could well of been well very possibly a part bred! the horses we rode were a bit of everything. A couple were king's troop 'rejects' who weren't suitable for active duty the others were a right mix but fabulous hunters though didn't catch any of the breeding except the rather fabulous looking 17h1 oldenburg Dressage mare that was for sale!!