FAO Adorable Alice, and other conformation experts.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I’ve a candidate here for a conformation critique, if you would be so kind.. This is a horse that I’m interested in purchasing, and I’m rather taken with him. He’s described as being a thoroughbred, but I don’t think that he is, he’s too chunky. I don’t think he has proper papers or a microchip, though I am told that he was bred by the notable Beswick stud.

I’m a bit concerned about the conformation of his forelegs, particularly the near fore. Would he be able to stand up to much work, do you think? Maybe a good farrier could sort him out? Am I worrying over nothing? I do like the rest of him, but maybe I’ve missed other potential issues?

Advice and comments are welcome :)

CBA6FC74-48CD-4246-BE30-566D38403FB2.jpeg

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
I'm a little worried by his hind hooves........
I think it might just be a trimming thing, I'm sure a decent farrier can give you an opinion.

Breeding sounds good. He looks a good sort for fitting a saddle to; doesn't look too unusual.

I echo the above, he's so shiny I'd worry about sliding off! Hopefully the dirt will slide off too.

Roxylola

Visit site
I feel he might be a bit of a fragile sort. The hoof pattern axis on that near fore looks off as well, although that could be the angle of the photo. I think you'd have to be very careful with any sort of concussive exercise on those legs though. Hes got a lovely eye though, and not a bad front on him. I'd be surprised if he's a full tb though he's got a lot of bone

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Also a bit back at the knee, one of my least favourite faults.

And undershot jaw, could cost a lot in dentistry.

Baywonder

Visit site
He looks a good honest sort - I'd take a punt on him. As for his near fore, I'm sure a decent farrier would sort that out.

I would, however, need to buy sunglasses first, as that is one heck of a shine on his coat! :cool: