FAO anyone with experience of Headshakers, Neuro Problems etc

cariadssogreat

Visit site
I am paranoid about head shaking / twitchy horses as I lost a 5 year old to trigeminal neuralgia (sp?) and he first expressed himself as a head shaker and it went on from there.
A friends horse has been seen in the field snapping at its right hand side on a daily basis in the field. She is quite a sensitive horse - and it could be flies - so a fly rug is being purchased. However it seems very odd to me that it is almost always to the right. And as I say I am paranoid! Do you think that this is possibly just because she has sensitive skin - or could it be something else. Any opinions or experiences welcome

dozzie

Visit site
I think you are worrying too much because of your past experience. You and I should start the worriers clique! Id be the same! (I'm not getting at you at all)

Almost certainly flies. Try the fly rug and fly spray and if all else fails bring her in at dawn and put her out after dusk.

SpruceRI

Visit site
Hi
If the fly sheet/hood doesn't work - have her eyes checked. One of mine started head shaking violently last summer. Turned out she had an infection on the surface of her eye. 6 weeks of eye drops twice a day and she was as good as new.