Farewell Galileo

Visit site
Such a loss to the racing world and bloodstock industry. Galileo was not only a great racehorse but he turned into a super sire gaining more Group 1 wins from his progeny than any other. But it wasn't just his offspring that won races they have gone on to be great sires in themselves as well as the mares producing the goods too to make him a great dam sire.

RIP Galileo - one of the very best there ever has been and ever will be.

palo1

Visit site
It is hard to put into words how brilliant and influential Galileo was and will continue to be. I wonder, when he was born, if those around him saw that? Beautiful, talented courageous horse. So sad for his connections.

Visit site
Does anyone know what the chronic issue was?

I doubt we will ever be told the truth but it was clearly something that really couldn't be fixed and good on them for doing the right thing by the horse. He had been through 2 colic surgeries in his life and commanded a reported stud fee of £500k a time so he would have been well worth spending every penny on as he would earn it back in 1 mare.

Laafet

adventuresinblackandwhite.co.uk
A least they weren’t greedy and kept him alive .
I think they didn't really have much choice, he was on a very strict schedule to prevent another colic. They fed him every hour all through the day and night, all year round for years. Stallions as prolific as him often end up suffering leg trouble, so he did very well to go on for as long as he did.