Farmer's spraying? and horses.

Sugarplum Furry

Visit site
Does anyone know what farmers might be spraying their land with at the moment and if it might affect horses?

As I was leaving the yard early yesterday evening a farmer was at work on his land across the lane, I couldn't see what he was doing but it involved a tractor towing something. When I got to the yard early this morning there was a heavy chemical smell in the air which reminded me strongly of Graze On. The breeze was blowing in the right direction for it to carry from the farmer's land into the yard.

This evening a friend's horse came in from the paddocks with massively swollen glands and having trouble breathing and swallowing, the vet was called and injected her twice (I don't know what with) and took bloods, the horse is now able to breathe a bit better but her glands are still huge.. Her stable, where she was last night, is the one most exposed to the sprayed land. Could it be that whatever he's sprayed has caused a reaction with the horse? Any ideas?

kiteman0

Visit site
the only thing i can think being sprayed at the moment is round up ready for reseeding.
we will put the cows on land after spraying to eat the grass so not sure if that would cause a issue with this horse.