Farrier Rant.

rema

Visit site
What is it with Farriers (not all of them of course).My boy and my friends mare has been booked in for shoeing for eight weeks.He was meant to come at seven tomorow morning.Just recieved a text saying cant shoe the horses in the morning as i'm busy.WTF.Not oh i will do them on blah blah day nothing just a sodding text.Was SUPPOSE to be showing on monday but Flints feet look a right mess so thats out of the window now.Decent farriers around here are as rare as hens teeth.I always pay on the day,Flints feet are always picked out cleaned off,Always somewhere clean and dry to shoe him and the Kettle is always on!!.Am i doing something wrong??????.Sorry rant over
grin.gif

pottamus

Visit site
I symphasise with you whole heartedly but my farrier would not even text me...he just would not turn up if there was a problem!!! That is the one big grumble I have of farriers...they don't seem able to communicate to their clients. Why can't they just say...look I am not coming...rather than knowingly leave people waiting with horses like dummies?!!! At least that way you could get on with your life and put your horse back in its field!
I generalise and know they are not all the same...but it is annoying.

rema

Visit site
This is the 5th time this year that i have been put off for something else.It's been the World cup,cricket,Rugby and the Dentist.I dont think i will book him during the Olympics
grin.gif

Hanz

Visit site
Oh dont get me started with farriers! Meant to be coming at 1. Come half one still not here so I give him a call. "oh im eating my dinner will be there in an hour" AN HOUR? To eat a soddin sandwich?, So anyway quarter to three, still no sign...call him again "yep im just trimming two horses then i'll be over" didnt come till HALF FOUR! then only shod one in the end because he was "busy". Jeez, i may train to be a farrier and just shoe my own damned horses.

Sorry about the show, hope you kick his ass! x

eekmon

Visit site
They deffo are a breed all to themselves!!
shocked.gif
Funnily the ONLY farrier that is ultra reliable in our area is the worst farrier and would not be allowed near my horse with a barge pole!!
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

sally2008

Visit site
Frustrating to say the least - some of them definately need to work on their client care skills! I'm very lucky with mine as he always lets me know in plenty of time on the rare occasion when he has to change an appointment and, better still, he doesn't do text!

I don't think you are doing anything wrong, but can I suggest adding bacon rolls to your list of enticements?
wink.gif

Sparklet

Visit site
I agree there are some awful ones out there but I cant have them all categorised as awful without championing the good ones.

Mine is a star, reliable, friendly, lovely with the horses, brillian set of shoes, cheap, will rush over in an emergency if asked oh and he is very easy on the eye (but a bit young for me
wink.gif
)

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I agree there are some awful ones out there but I cant have them all categorised as awful without championing the good ones.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yep, I agree - mine is great.

JessPickle

Visit site
ours comes for all the horses because its a riding school and livery yard he must get some much £££££££££ that he comes every week, plus YO's wife can be quite scary when angry of he is late she goes mad!