Farrier Recommendations North Herts please

Thistle

Visit site
After being let down yet again I need a new farrier. I'm not asking much, just one who turns up would be good.

My horses are always in and clean, I pay my bills and I give farriers tea and biscuits. Horses are good to shoe too. There are 5, 2 sets, 2 fronts and 1 barefoot so worth a farriers time to come out. It's not even as though we are in a remote area.
New horse developed abscessed corns after the last farrier did not shoe him how he was done previously and now he won't come back and reshoe and replace the shoe the vet took off.

I am mad as I have not accused the farrier of causing the corns or been anything other than polite.

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
Wherabouts are you?
My farrier is very good but based around Hertford/Hatfield so may not come so far north. You could PM aran as she has a fantastic farrier based near Hitchin, he's not cheap though!!

UKa

community.webshots.com
Hi, Lucy, hope you are well, would you mind PMing me your farrier's details - we will need to sign up with a farrier at new yard so looking for good ones in the area myself; moving tomorrow, so excited!!

MarthaRodman1

www.photobucket.com
I'm based in Bayford, Herts. Who was the farrier that you wouldn't recommend? I have 2 horses (1 on loan) so at the mo am using 2 farriers as the woman that owns the horse that I have on loan wanted me to continue using her farrier. Both are good and reliable - 1 of them came out for my friends horse on Boxing Day last year as he had a twisted shoe and we couldn't get it off! Left his family meal and everything.... am happy to give you details, Am sure both of them come out your way.

Lucy_Ally

Visit site
PM is sent
smile.gif

Claireg9

Visit site
Hans Berger does mine and were on the beds/herts border. Not sure how far he goes, but his reliable a nice guy and does a good job.
PM me if you want details!
Claire x