Farriers again....

claire1976

Visit site
I've just tried to logon to www.farrier-reg.gov.uk to find a farrier and its not working. Just tried to e-mail them and it got returned to me as an error. I know its not my internet connection as I tried from home last night and it didnt work and using works PC now. Wonder whats going on???

TGM

Visit site
It normally works fine, but must be having problems with their server as I can't get on this morning. You could try emailing them on:

frc@farrier-reg.gov.uk

Or try their telephone number: 01733 319911 - they will give out details of local farriers over the phone.

Tufty

Visit site
why dont you try ringing arthur cottam in chesterfield, they will recommend a local farrier, they make the shoes

claire1976

Visit site
I did try e-mailing FCA but it got bounced back to me , just been PM'd a couple which I'll try, Arthur Cottam is a good idea but a couple of farriers I've spoken to don't recommend his shoes.

cazza

community.webshots.com
I had a similar problem as my previous farrier got too busy and ended up dropping our yard as we had too many horses (55). I now have the best farrier in the world, he's just qualified so not too many clients on his books, and we have made him promise not to drop us when he gets busier. Although with the way our yard works, he'll be lucky if he gets the time to go elsewhere. I would recommend getting someone newly qualified as they won't have an extensive client list, and are very nice and helpful. Good luck in your hunt, a good farrier is worth his weight in gold.
smirk.gif

claire1976

Visit site
Ashbourne is prob too far from me for a farrier to visit - but you've been v helpful maureen!!
I really thought I'd found a good one as he actually booked an appointment and took my number but it twas not to be!