Fat legs!

Morrigan_Lady

www.teamterrellshowjumping.co.uk
Arch came in last night with his back left leg all swollen up, I found a small cut on his leg and thought maybe he had got an infection. So I cleaned the wound and cold hosed his leg, poultised it and bandaged his back legs and left him in for the night.
I went up this morning expecting his leg to have gone down and both his back legs and his inside fore leg had blown up!
I cold hosed all his legs and turned him out hoping the swelling will have gone down when I get to the yard tonight. The poultice didnt draw anything out, so Im ruling out an infection in that leg.
Our paddock was half topped last week, do you think this could have anything to do with it?
confused.gif
frown.gif

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Sounds like he may have a touch of lymphangitis. I'd be calling the vet to get some bute and possibly antibioitics - and leave him out.

alicep

Visit site
if the legs are puffy it could be something to do with all this grass we still have as its been so wet. its something to do with the grass being very rich in protein and the horses being out for longer as its sunny!!! yay but its always best to let vet have a look