fatality at Solihull?

neddy man

Visit site
Also Beat the bank pts after winning at Ascot today, broken leg just before the winning line, taken in trailer back to stables at racecourse but pts, sad loss for the Scrivaddhanaprabha family (Leicester city football club owners)

ihatework

Visit site
Exceptionally sad.

The only thing I have assumed (rightly or wrongly) is that there are circumstances surrounding this possibly more in depth than a ‘standard’ (for want of a better word), Xc fall. The press statement is very brief and hasn’t yet been followed up with a second statement.

Whatever the circumstances, my condolences to family and friends

stevieg

Visit site
I think the rotational fall was the accident in the States. News on the one at Solihull seems to be a lot more vague. One report said she fell from her horse & was in cardiac arrest by the time the emergency services reached her, but then this wasn’t an equestrian paper so ‘fell from her horse’ could mean anything. Desperately sad whatever happened

Zero00000

Visit site
The club where the event was held says in their statement it was in the xc phase.

So sad, condolences to all.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
This is very sad. The BRC report states that the paramedics were the first to attend to the rider. I would have thought that if the fall was at a fence that the fence judges would be the first to get to the rider.

The H&H report said that when the paramedics arrived there was CPR ongoing. I wonder if a defibrillator on site might have helped. I guess it depends in the nature of the injury.

I'm going to recommend to my YM we look at a defibrillator as we have a farm ride and cross country field on a very big busy yard.

Condolences to all affected. The ripples of the loss will be wide spread.

Fanatical

Visit site
It is beyond tragic for someone to lose their life. Thoughts with all involved and her poor family and friends.

Last edited:

Lexi_

Visit site
FJs aren’t first aid trained (well I am through work but it’s not a requirement of volunteering). Not sure how BRC events operate their medical cover but the medical team at BE events are rarely more than a minute away depending on how the course is laid out. I’ve seen them at fences within about 20 seconds.

{97702}

Visit site
I always find such online analysis of tragic events extremely distasteful - they very rarely (i.e. never) add anything to the learning from such incidents which isn’t incorporated into briefings for future volunteers.

I’ve been a BE volunteer on many occasions, as I’m quite sure many other HHOers have been - yes you are responsible for the H&S around your fence, but you are not required to be a qualified first aider. This is a truly tragic event of course, but I think personally think that speculation about what may have happened will help anyone ☹️

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I was a FJ when someone had a rotational fall, BE event. Rider was not fully conscious and not breathing welll. I'm not first aid trained so there wasn't much I could do except talk to her and stop her parents who were panicking from trying to move her. It was the last jump so everyone including medical help was there in minutes.

She was fine, briefly lost consciousness and winded from the horse landing on her and was soon on her feet nand asking if her horse was OK. He was, had got up and trotted away and was being checked over by the vet.

It was terrifying though for that minute where I wondered if she was going to be OK.

SusieT

Visit site
I suggest we don't speculate, there will be reasons why no further details are being released. If it were my friend or family I wouldn't want wildly inaccurate hypotheses comign from online people who just want to know all the details. Anything relevant to safety or information I'm sure will be released as necessary.

Sprat

Visit site
She was my best friend, I had known her for 20 years. She had an awful accident, and no further details are being released because the family have chosen not to release them.

There is nothing to be speculated about, only a family and friends that are completely distraught at a wonderful woman leaving their lives.