Favourite horsey colours?

casspow

Visit site
I personally wanted everything green when I bought my dark bay lad, but it seems near impossible to find anything nice green that all go together! So at the moment we are like a walking rainbow!

So what's everyone's favourite horsey colours?

:D

Meowy Catkin

Meow!
Visit site
Despite a secret desire to have lots and lots of sets of brightly coloured matchy matchy, I always seem to go for white or black. My main riding horse is bright orange shade of chestnut, so she does look smart in black or white. My young grey is now being ridden, so that was a good moment to expand into braver colours... but I bought her a black set too!

If you want to see rainbow - EsterYoung has an amazing endurance bridle.

Lolita

Visit site
OP i am surprised you struggle to find green coloured things, i always see loads of it. I always buy anything that's bright red however if I had all the money in the world id have a different matching set for each day of the week. :)

PolarSkye

Visit site
Very boring, I'm afraid . . . mostly navy blue (for a grey). We do have some cerise and purple, and he came with a lovely green thermatex, some green bandages and a green headcollar (lost in the mud last winter) and I am really struggling to replace both the bandages (worn to shreds) and the headcollar :(.

Oh, and his competition Thermies and dressage numnah is/are black/grey and grey respectively. Yeah, I know. Dull :(.

P

Pasture Mix

Visit site
SS (liver chestnut) has black bridle, saddle and boots and groups of saddlecloth, headcollar, rope, etc are either purple or black/grey. Black really suits her and purple against the black tack looks great too, IMO! :p
LL (bright chestnut) has brown bridle, saddle and boots but the leather is a fairly light brown so it's not clashy and atm she has a cream saddlecloth. I went astray when I first got her with the idea that lime green would be a nice contrast and it didn't work but due to laziness she still has the bit rings to show for it! >.< She now has a burgundy headcollar and rope combo, burgundy-ish bit rings to eventually replace the green ones and I am on the lookout for a burgundy saddlecloth that I like - although I will have to alternate 'cause the cream really suits her too! :)
I don't bother with matchy matchy rugs due to the destructive/clumsy nature of my darling horses :p x

Dave's Mam

Visit site
Despite a secret desire to have lots and lots of sets of brightly coloured matchy matchy, I always seem to go for white or black. My main riding horse is bright orange shade of chestnut, so she does look smart in black or white. My young grey is now being ridden, so that was a good moment to expand into braver colours... but I bought her a black set too!

If you want to see rainbow - EsterYoung has an amazing endurance bridle.

Black on chestnut for me too!

JFTDWS

Visit site
Mine are shades of grey so endless matchy possibilitie. He wears a lot of blues / reds and I have a lovely unworn pfiff royal blue pad waiting for a debut in the other room and a bright pink set and a turquoise set on order at the moment :D

MarniL

Visit site
Whenever possible I will try to find an excuse to spoil the girls with something purple, but luckily they're both shades of grey so most colours work on them. One of them really suits baby blue and the other seems to suit red more.

3Beasties

Visit site
Depends on the day/weather/mood :biggrin3: I have a few colours to choose from!
20140923_182505_zpselcpmmzy.jpg

casspow

Visit site
OP i am surprised you struggle to find green coloured things, i always see loads of it. I always buy anything that's bright red however if I had all the money in the world id have a different matching set for each day of the week. :)

I must come to the shops near you!
I am the north west (cheshire) and there is barely anything! I am off the HOYS at the weekend so will be on the scout (not that I need anything!!!) but needs must :D

rowan666

Visit site
I have my greys in royal blue,
The blacks and new skewbald in bright red and my very princess looking predominantly white skewbald in baby pink and lilac

sasquatch

Visit site
Barney is in all hot pink :D
He is very matchy though, has 2 hot pink numnahs and hot pink tendon and fetlock boots and pale pink overreach

He also as yellow tendon boots, yellow ears and yellow numnah with brown trim, and brown tendon overreach boots.

He has a few other colours, recently bought him a lovely grey and silver numnah.

if you can't tell, I quite like matching things :D

one of the things i love about having a dark bay is that it's hard to find a colour that looks bad with him!

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
My chestnut mare is currently in either red & navy, or navy & gold. But when I bought her she came with some burgundy travel boots which she still has, and she has a newmarket travel rug. A bit mixed too, but they all suit her. All her tack is brown, but all boots are black.

In our SJ attire.
747b4148f79d4aed4178bc200f0177ad.jpg

XC colours made by CustomXC:

b599285943cbed2c8709418e41c7efe5.jpg

The burgundy travel boots and her red & navy headcoller.
2f96be396ccc8e5ed0021db72ff02cc1.jpg

Better closeup.
65efc19fd2bfae738c9680d27d86ce04.jpg