Fed up ........rant!

charmaine

Visit site
I am sick and tired of traipsing all over the country looking at so called 'bombproof' horses that when I get there to try them are nothing whatsoever like the owner has described. Today was an example in point. Someone rang me in response to my wanted ad. for a bombproof confidence giver and assured me that basically NOTHING phased her horse whatsoever. I drove over 100 miles(one way) to try it to discover it did nothing but spook at everything on the road, at one point taking me out into the centre of the road because it didn't like a log on the side. Not only that but it was described as a plod and it was the most forward going horse I have ever sat on! Frankly I couldn't wait to get off it. I wouldn't mind but I had explained to the owner I had recently had a very bad fall and was very nervous and she put me on that!
Rant over.............does this ever happen to anyone else? Guess the search continues.

Accy

Visit site
Dont give up, having been searching for myself and a friend a horse for each of us, we have seen some sights and been told some porkies, but also remembering horses are animals and react to different riders.

We ended up finding the perfect horse for my friend at a local riding school, good luck in your search....They do exist

vicm2509

Visit site
Havent been in that position myself but have you tried asking around riding schools? I bought my old horse from a riding school, he was a TBx and not at all like a riding school horse but was 100% bombproof, and brilliant in all respects and a great confidence giver.

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
How annoying, i havent had that situation myself but i've had the opposite, where i've been looking for a competition horse and have turned up to something whose only gear might as well be backwards its so slow!! its annoying! When selling i always always am 100% honest with everyone, because i know what it feels like being the buyer.