Fed up with this weather

Bossanova

Visit site
Anyone else suffering in the rain atm?
Couldnt ride my horse today- arena was too wet, fields were too wet and I wont ride on the road in the rain. I'm not a happy bunny!!!
Supposed to be hunting Moon on Wednesday so if it hasnt stopped by then I will be exceptionally cross and may have to take up dressage somewhere with an indoor school (trust me, thats bad)

CastleMouse

Visit site
The fields are lakes at the moment, Castle is currently in 24/7
frown.gif
Only manage to hunt at weekends now, as it's dark so early
frown.gif

Dogbetty141

Visit site
i hate the weather its poo but i have to ride whether it is rainning or not as i have v limited turnout due to the constant rain. I will be suffering in the rain in about 20mins and am not looking forward to doing my jobs in the rain or riding.

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
I was thinking of hunting on Wed with harriers guess you are going with Mendip Farmers? Might be extortionate for me as not a student! What are you paying at the moment?

Bossanova

Visit site
£50 on Saturdays, slightly less on a Wednesday though I think. You could always SAY youre a student....
Theyre meeting right near us so I'm hacking down, one less thing to worry about anyway but I'm not going if its really tipping it down

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
Agree completely and I haven't even been out in it! One barn roof has lifted six bolts and will have to be climbed on to fix, the fields are wet and slippy and the horses are fed up with being wet. Most go inside the barns but wen it's windy some refuse to, and the rain is constant despite us having fantastic land for sheltering.
The cleverest of all is the mini shetland, who tucks himself well under a wall with a holly tree above and stays virtally dry in the heaviest of downpours.
The rain is set for another five days at least so get your wellies on...

TGM

Visit site
It brightened up here this morning and I did manage to hack out, but has turned nasty here again this afternoon
frown.gif
. Having to bring the horses in at night as fields have got so wet, plus daughter can't ride after school as too dark to hack out or ride down the road to the school and fields too wet to ride on
crazy.gif
. Roll on spring!

LEC

Visit site
Is there much to jump? As the Harriers is over hedges in Bridgwater direction. Am very tempted plus I have 3 litres of port and a litre of Brandy to use up at some point might as well go in a hipflask. But being stuck on the hill in the freezing cold and wet does not appeal to me either!

Bossanova

Visit site
The fieldmaster is pretty good- generally a few nice walls and optional hedges etc if you fancy nipping over into a different field. Saying that, I've not been out on a Wednesday with them before so I could be wrong but there are certainly jumps in the area theyre hunting in.
Go on, you know you want to-you could park at our yard and hack down with us.

And I'd prefer port please....
wink.gif

LEC

Visit site
Will discuss it with my driver and will also have to cancel a riding lesson. But think I would rather hunt than do flatwork. I have 3 days off this week hence going hunting crazy! I will text you and let you know as will have no computer access at home. But as long as you promise me that there will be jumping as I hate roadwork and I hate just cantering around doing nothing!
grin.gif

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Horse resembling a walking mass of mud atm. It's times like this I wish she was rugged!

[/ QUOTE ]

I wholeheartedly echo that sentiment
grin.gif
Even measured her up for a rain sheet at the weekend
blush.gif

Bossanova

Visit site
Ok.... I promise....
And if theres no jumping we can hack back to the yard and jump our home-grown walls, Holly can vouch for the fact that there are some very jumpable natural jumps, though Moonie did sort of break one by standing on it on Saturday *rolls eyes*

pagancluf

Visit site
Yes agree - fed up with excessive mud... on horses, hands clothes, face....slipppery down the hills - thinking of putting a paid of skis on the horses so can arrive at the gate safely!