Feed help - yes I know yet another!!

SSM

Visit site
At the moment Donkey is fed the following:

Before soaking
1/4 scoop of speedibeet
1/4 sccop of calm and condition (Allen and Page)
1/2 scoop oats

This is then soaked and mixed with am 1/2 scoop, pm 1 scoop of showshine Cherry chaff, oil, garlic and carrots.

She is keeping the weight on and her coat gleams - however due to her complete lack of energy (she is doing a miniumum of 30 mins work 6 days a week) I need to bring her off the calm and condition - what should I replace it with? - I love the way it soaks with the beet

icestationzebra

Visit site
Why not give Allen & Page a call? I have just swapped over to Ride & Relax - it too needs soaking and Jemima loves it because she thinks she is getting even more food because it swells up!
blush.gif
It is for horses in light/medium work - but you may not want the 'relax' element for Stonkie. They do a comp mix though....

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
competition cubes?

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes - because as SS says the mare needs some umph. She doesn't have to feed them at the recommended level - just enough for energy levels. It's unlikely to have a huge effect on her, because she doesn't sound like the type of horse who find feeds particularly heating.

Amy could be fed huge amounts of Comp mix or oats with absolutely no effect at all.

But put her on conditioning mix - and watch out. Turbo charged pony!!!!!!!

TGM

Visit site
What about swapping the calm and condition and speedibeet for AlfaBeet - which is alfafa and beet all in one. You should also consider adding a broad spectrum vit/min supplement or a balancer to make sure she is getting all her vitamins and minerals so she has no excuse to be lazy!

If you do decide to feed a 'complete feed' such as competition cubes/mix then that will be supplemented with vit/mins BUT she will only get her RDA if you feed the recommended daily amount - which is usually a lot more than 1/4 scoop!

Parkranger

Visit site
Racehorse cubes!
grin.gif

Joking aside - I put the boy on Conditioning Cubes and he went a bit crazy - with stonks it might give her that bit of umph you want.

How about a bit of barley? How the hell is she not heating up on oats....?
grin.gif
x