Feed prices

Leam_Carrie

Visit site
Went to top up on feed earlier and was surprised at the total. I guess feed has gone up - like everything else. Has anyone else noticed? Bought chaff, linseed and balancer.

I might start looking at balancer options. Pure Balance is now nearly £30 a month, which seems a lot. Any recommendations?

Squeak

Visit site
Yes, I was a bit shocked when I bought my first bag of linseed this winter. In the spring I was paying 23.50 and now it's over 27!

little_critter

Visit site
Just checked and the balancer I use hasn’t changed. GWF Equilibra, looks to be a similar price to pure balance but is a 20kg bag instead of 15kg.

fidleyspromise

Visit site
I'm glad mine hasn't changed yet. Bought a bag of linseed the other day and it's still around £23 for us.
Fast Fibre went up a couple years ago so it's about £13 a bag.

teddypops

Visit site
No mine hasn’t gone up, I bought feed today, 2x pony nuts, 1 x sugarbeet, 1 x dengie hi-fi and a bag of shavings. It cost £36. I checked the receipt because I thought they must have missed something off as I thought it was too cheap.

I'm Dun

Visit site
Mine has shot up. I was quite surprised. Its not just at the feed store though, I buy stuff direct from Keyflow and thats gone up as well. Petrol, electric all have an impact I guess, plus potentially issues with ingredients after Brexit and Covid

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Pass me a gin -

4 x 20kg grass nuts
2 x Veteran Vitality
1 x linseed
1 x reddigrass
1 x basic chop unbranded
1 x basic multi vit 1.5kg.

£141.00. All I can say is thank god I am no longer feeding competition horses.

maisie06

Visit site
Glad I don't have a horse anymore! I work in a feed store and every week I'm in the office changing prices stuff goes up each week as the cost of raw materials spirals...The behavoiur of some horse owners towards staff about prices leaves something to be desired though, Most owners are lovely but some seem to think we are there to subsidise their expensive hobby and get nasty towards younger members of staff....I won't have that and tell them to leave.

Leam_Carrie

Visit site
Glad others have noticed.

Not ok that people are taking it out on staff. It’s not their fault, everything is getting more expensive. I just said yes to a receipt so I could see what the different bits cost.

Will perhaps look at options. Thanks for the balancer suggestion.

rextherobber

Visit site
I got an email from Pure Feeds a couple of months ago warning that their feed would be going up as absolutely everything was costing them more.

Durhamchance

Visit site
yes, 'other mum' bought a bag of stud balancer for our weanling yesterday. £30! His bucket went in a tyre last night as we can't afford for him to chuck it around the stable anymore.

J&S

Visit site
Yes, I questioned my bill the other day, Since I have been buying it Veteran Vitality has gone from £11.00 to £14.00 aprox.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I bought some spillers daily last week which is £20 - which is 30 days worth for 500kg I think
I don't think the spec is too bad either but I've never properly looked at it (buying for share horse so not my call!)