Feed stuff

rowan

Visit site
Just checked online to see if my local feed merchant has my usual feed stuff in stock, Fast Fibre and Safe & Sound have each gone up over two pounds a bag since I bought them a month ago. Ouch!!!!

Equi

Visit site
Do you know i havent the faintest idea what any of my feed costs. That might make me sound very blase as if i have money to burn, but i just don't think about it. I only really feed chaff or re-leave so its all £10-13 ish a bag, and the stamm30 is usually about £23 i think ? I use such little amounts i don't have to buy it that often so i don't really notice! The 16+ i use for big man is probably once a month or so but its about £12 too i think..

DD

Visit site
Haygate nuts are good they too have gone up to £8 a bag. Wynnstay own brand pony nuts are still less than £6

maisie06

Visit site
Just checked online to see if my local feed merchant has my usual feed stuff in stock, Fast Fibre and Safe & Sound have each gone up over two pounds a bag since I bought them a month ago. Ouch!!!!

Unfortunatley all the feed companies have put their prices up in the last few weeks. Businesses can't keep absorbing these increases, we tend not to bother putting up the retail price if the increase is just a few pence but suppliers have been putting up their prices by quite a hike this year, for all sorts of reasons from shortage of raw materials such as creal and straw to balming Brexit!!

Most people either don't notice of just accept it as it's not only animal feed going up but fuel, supermarket food and general cost of living...but one or two have become very nasty about it and have given the girls on the cash desk a really hard time - this is NOT acceptable, either decide to shop elsewhere and TBH the price is similar all throughout the area or sell the horse.....