Feeding Baileys Outshine to yearlings?

rubyrumba

Visit site
I am very interested to hear what everyone thinks about feeding this to a yearling and their reasons behind it. I asked a Baileys nutritionist and they said half a mug per day would be fine as long as there are no loose droppings. However, i have read a few posts and come to the conclusion that a few people don't think it is suitable.
smile.gif
blush.gif

sammiea

Visit site
I feed it to my yearling who's coat is lacking shine and is dry having come out of the winter badly (i didnt own her over the winter) since being on that and baileys stud balancer she is coming on loads, although now she is living out she is not recieving hard feed

zoeshiloh

www.stowmarketanddistrictridingclub.com
We used outshine for TB yearlings, prepping for sales, and also for my own show horses. TBH I had heard good things about it, and have to say that I do not rate it that highly. It did make a noticeable difference, but there are things out there that do the job better and cost less. Outshine was ok, and did help with shine on the coat, but did not add a great deal condition wise, and also could cause some of the more sensative yearlings to scour. I prefer saracen equijewel, and have made a complete switch over to that. It adds condition, creates shine, we've had no scouring, and it costs about £5 a bag less.