feeding without weight gain?

parsley

Visit site
I want my two to have a general purpose vit and mineral supplement (and a calmer for the pony). BUT the new yard they are at has much better grazing and I am worried about them putting on more weight. I have been giving them their vits and calmer in the evening in a feed of some kwik beet and Hi Fi on the assumption that the kwik beet is recommended by the laminitus trust so not high in calories and sugars and that the hi fi is just some chaff. When they have finished this bag I will buy them Hi Fi good doer. BUTTT am I right about the kwik beet being low calorie? It makes the feed look more like a feed than chaff and water?

L

lilym

you'll be fine using the kwik beet, and it does make "carrying" the supplements easier.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Amymay is currently being fed for more or less the same reasons - I want her to have a vit suppliment plus she is on Regumate. I just feed a damped down handfull of HiFi Lite. Doesn't look very exciting - but she doesn't seem to mind.

TGM

Visit site
If they will eat it then just feed the supplement in a handful of HiFi Lite without the beet. You might be best to continue with the HiFi Lite with a supplement added, rather than the Good Doer. Good Doer has a supplement already added to it, so you have to feed the recommended amount to get the required level of vits/mins, which might be more than you need to feed.

parsley

Visit site
OK - thanks for your help everyone
smile.gif