Feeding yoghurt ??

sleepingdragon10

Visit site
Yep,heard of it,although never done it myself.
Feeding natural yoghurt can settle an upset tum
smile.gif

Llwyncwn

Visit site
Yes you can feed bio yoghurt, or go to the health food shop and get Acidophilus which contains millions of good bacteria. I normally give a couple of capsules in the feed of a horse with upset tummy or squits.

Tierra

dressage.wordpress.com
Its very good for re-balancing a system thats either being slightly ill or is suffering due to large quantities of drugs. My mare was on yoghurt for quite a while after she degloved a hind leg and had so many drugs pumped into her over such a long period that everything seemed to be shutting down slowly
frown.gif

She refused to eat it so i syringed it down her everyday and it worked wonders on restoring her system.

Im still prone to throwing the odd spoonful in (natural yoghurt this is) when my horse has been on anti-bis for more than a few days.

Breezesbenefactor

Visit site
Yep, but make sure it's natural yogurt. It is probably a better alternative to probiotics and I serve it up during the spring just to settle her gut a bit ( she gets the s***s). I've also used guiness in the sdame vain but I'm not convinved it has the right effects.

happihorse

Visit site
Why not just try a basic pro-biotic horse feed suppliment mixed in to their feed - Clop is only about £7 a tub and it lasts ages - it settled my youngster down in two days!