feel dreadfull - I am a timewaster

tb gal

Visit site
I have been hankering after a second horse for a while, current one is lovely but has a few things that mean I cannot follow my main discipline other than at a v low level. I was planning to view a youngster and discussed doing so at some point this week with the vendor. I have not actually viewed or promised to buy or anything like that. I really want this youngster, but...I work full time,often away from home mid week, also have a family with mock exams coming up and when I compete I am away at the weekends so I would need to beg favours or youngster stay in a lot if other horses not out. Realistically I dont have the time for two as one is hard enough and expensive if on full livery. Im being sensible not viewing but I feel really awful and torn as well between common sense and heart. Jts wanted to moan/feel sorry for self/express the guilt.

Littlebear

Visit site
If its a youngster can you not buy it and put it on field livery with other youngsters until things free up a bit?

Highflinger

Visit site
If "youngster" is old enough to be in work straightaway could you get a sharer for your current one which would free you up some time and help with cost?

awelshandawarmblood

Visit site
How old is said youngster? My 2 year old is 55 miles/1hr drive from home on a stud offering youngstock livery. I'll be bringing him home as a rising 4 year old to start & then sending him off for schooling in blocks of a few weeks at a time over a few months. The yard I have my other horse on closer to home & offers 25/7 winter turnout with big shelters which will cut winter care down a lot when I have the 2 together. I often cant go for 3 or max 4 day in a row as I do 12hr day & night shifts, so that way I can arrange for my yard owner to field check & hay on those days. I'm lucky to be able to find this arrangement but maybe you can too? For years I've done part & full livery, cost myself a fortune, winter turnout being very limited at some places which brings its own issues time constraints riding etc so I'm trying to go for the easier life in an attempt to keep the 2 whilst working full time etc.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
If its a youngster it doesn't necessarily need to be close to you, my baby horse is over 20 miles away living out, all the owners have rota days to check them so I only go once a week.
That’s a great arrangement! How did you find that?
I’d love something like that for my retired boy, somewhere close enough to be very involved but that I didn’t have to go daily if I couldn’t.

Littlebear

Visit site
That’s a great arrangement! How did you find that?
I’d love something like that for my retired boy, somewhere close enough to be very involved but that I didn’t have to go daily if I couldn’t.

It’s just the way the stud arranges things for the youngsters there as the summer grazing is further away it just works out well this way, but everyone there are all people they know it’s not advertised so you would prob need to do some asking around or advertise what you want and see what comes up x