Feeling bad, tell me im being stupid

kayleigh_and_rocky

www.kayleigh-nicholls.piczo.com
Well im feeling REALLY guilty about how inconsistently i ride my boy. I ride him at least 5days a week but like i'll ride him and then wont ride for 2days. Like this week, rode monday and tuesday, then wednesday was planning to ride but had a drs appointment at the last minute so couldnt, then today got up to ride and its been gale force winds all day and i just dont trust rock in the wind tbh lol so now hes had 2days off in a row and i got a competition on saturday! Then hes having 2weeks off over xmas just hacking so i know its not a huge issue and 2days off in a row worked around solid work isnt a big problem but i still feel really bad about it for some reason. Am i a bad mummy?

Accy

Visit site
In the grand scheme of things and how some people treat their horses, I dont think you are a bad mummy

Madam_max

Visit site
Yes very bad. I told you, come and rough it with me.
grin.gif

Capriole

Visit site
YES YOU ARE A BAD MUMMY YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELF! no, really, i dont see a problem
smile.gif
one of the ponies on my yard has been ridden once in the recent past, and that was a long endurance/sponsered ride (totally unfit), another is in the field and its owner has been seen ONCE in two years (ive never met her)

TinselRider

www.gatesequestrian.webs.com
currently experiencing the same probs, girlie was ridden sat and sun then had monday and tuesday off, worked hard for 40 mins yesterday and had today off.....probs wont ride again untill sat (if this bad wind clears that is)

the only time i see a prob is when people give their horses 2 weeks off then expect it to go competing.

so no your not a bad mum
smile.gif

miller

Visit site
We've not managed to ride this week at all - been wet every night by the time we get home and don't have lights at moment (only tripod set that aren't waterproof and would blow over) Won't hurt them to have a week off

Blizzard

Visit site
No you arent a bad mum, sometimes I ride mine a few times a week, sometimes not at all for a week or two, mind you I only hack at this time of year, more like toddling around the lanes!

MrsMagoo

Visit site
I feel exactly the same...have only ridden twice this week where as i would normall aim to ride most days!!! Feeling really bad about it but just keep telling myself we are having an easy month so the few days of wont hurt
smile.gif

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Join the club, I do the same, none of my neddies have ever seemed to bothered! I don’t think I’m a bad Mum so I don’t think you a bad Mum either!

Bex7

Visit site
I have been quite inconsistent too, so I would say you are not a bad mummy!

My boy was ridden every day for a week, then not for a week as I had inner ear infection and my balance is crap at the best of times! Then hacked Sat/Sun/Mon and not ridden since Monday due to the bloody wind
frown.gif
Bert is not good in strong wind!

Kelly1982

Visit site
OMG your so bad. . . . .NOT!!!!

I give Senza two days off in a row all the time and with this weather it is hard to ride everyday. Your ridding him 5 days a week so its not like he is going to get unfit and a few days off here and there probably does him some good.

horsegirl

Visit site
At this time of year and with the weather we have had recently I don't think there will be many people who are riding everyday. I have only managed to ride about 4 times in the last 2 weeks due to the wind & rain.