Feeling good...

summer

Visit site
Haven't been on the forum in a while, finally managed to find time to come back though!
Just wanted to let you know what a great day I had yesterday after Natalie H's post prompted me to share...
Some of you may remember I have posted in the past about various problems with my mare. Numerous ailments, a very unhappy winter in her field, jumping out and galloping off to the nearest town and finally a really serious injury where she damaged the ligament in her achilles tendon. This resulted in 8 months off and lots of tlc and hard work to overcome the injury. During this time I have also moved to a different yard as I know she really wasn't happy at the previous place. The new yard is great and she has settled brilliantly, putting on condition and really content in herself.
I got the all clear to bring her back into work at end August and we've just been taking things slowly. It's been great just to do simple things and just riding round the school in walk was fantastic! I certainly don't take anything for granted!
Yesterday we had our first lesson in over a year and it felt sooo good! I had been feeling very out of practice and uncoordinated after having so much time off and my instructor just helped me get back on track with her. I took some video of the lesson but I am absolutely useless and don't know how to upload it (is that even the right term?). Anyway sorry for the long post, just wanted to share a happy story as opposed to always looking for help with problems!
grin.gif

Natalie_H

Visit site
So happy for you - as per my post yesterday! It is the greatest feeling to back up there again. I also feel utterly useless when I have had a break due to one of his ailments, but practice makes perfect & you now have a sound horse & a great environment to start working with. Also, well done on all the tlc & patience you have given her.

Bess

Visit site
He had a nasty wound last April which took a while to heal and a kick on a splint bone a few weeks ago, but touch wood fine now! Thanks for asking. Hope all goes well from now on for you and Summer, you deserve it.