Feeling good!

Natz88

Visit site
I have a 5yr old who the last few months has become a real sod out hacking alone & in company he just randomly stops whips round & refuses to go forward & when I try making him go on he has none of it rears & plants me against fence/bushes etc. I try turniing him in circles, making him walk backwards, but nothing works I normaly end up having to get off. Well last week he done it going down this track so I decided not to fight & just sit there & 15 mins later he got bored & walked on. Then Sunday went out again & my mum came on foot well we won't even go into that ride :rolleyes:.

Anyway I decided to take him out again today as trying to get him out as much as poss & he was a little star he went out didn't attempt to nap once it was one of them rides where I could of just kept going, but I wanted to leave it on a good note so a nice 40 min hack & I came home beaming & it was so nice just to get out & have no arguments or tantrums. Lets just hope it wasn't a one off :p

tristar

Visit site
well done!
it takes courage and patience and determination to succeed, you could also try walking him out in hand, even a short walk at times when you can't ride or every evening, but might be better to go round the block in a circle, and not turn for home.