Feeling like a bad horse mum!

Nayumi1

Visit site
So I’ve now had my mare 2 months. When I bought her I also got her saddle which was meant to be a made to measure silhouette GP saddle. She’s barely used it due to lack of time and never riding (why she sold her in the first place).

I had the farrier and physio out rather early on. Sorted out those issues - just to do with being out of work so long.

So I’ve been riding her consistently 5 days a week for the past month. Mainly schooling and some hacking out. Everything was going ok, canter she’s very unbalanced so I’ve not done much of canter.

One night we got to a point she was cantering nicely both reins. Anyways after that she started kicking out a lot in canter transitions and going backwards from where we were. We weren’t sure what it was. Then a few days later I noticed rub marks where the back of saddle was. Over the weekend I decided to stop riding and urgently called the saddle fitter. I was planning to do it anyways but not urgently. Anyways turns out the saddle is for a flat back where my girl is both high withered and a little bum high.

She’s having the next two weeks off riding and a new saddle coming. I feel absolutely dreadful I didn’t pick it up sooner and causing her pain!

Nayumi1

Visit site
I wish they could speak so they can tell you what’s up. Or we need a horse language manual lol. Fingers crossed with the new saddle she will keep moving forward! One can hope.