feeling terrible someone cheer me up :(

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
Went to put my saddle on my girl today and her back problem seems to have re-surfaced. As i put it on and placed a single finger on the seat of the saddle applying light pressure her back just sank right down
frown.gif
frown.gif
I adjusted the gullet of the sadlle as it appeared she had dropped two sizes but now I'm really concerned. Before when she had a problem, I got the physio out but now I don't know if I shouldn't get the vet as well - people keep saying the vet won't be able to do anything. but right now I will try anything.

To top all this I have told my yard owner and she is being unsympathetic, is more concerned about making money and says she has to be used as she doesn't have any other horses around 16 hands for the customers. I feel terrible although luckily the customer today was a stick and the ride was short and only walking with some trot. But I've looked at the calender and she is put in for more work even though I have told her its too much and am not happy.

I've looked at other yards - one is newhall equestrian centre - looks very nice - does anyone know it or know if they have vacancies? but anyway tomorrow am working up the guts to tell her that in the meantime before a move I want her on livery only. I know that she will flip as some other people have asked for this and she hasn't many horses, but I have to think about my girls welfare not my yard owners pocket. I knwo this will destroy our relationship but is there a nicer way of doing it? I knwo she will argue with me and say she is fine but she is not a back expert and in my opinion she cannot know for sure. Its all sad its come to this and am so sorry for long post but I really need some advice
frown.gif

allijudd

Visit site
find another yard...your girlie obviosly needs some loving..

what does the physio say about her back..s it dipping because of age? maybe she needs some flat work without anyone riding her for a littl;e while so she can carry herself properly?

where abouts are you and what sort of livery could you go for..is she on working livery now?

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
I am sorry but if your YO is willing to put a 'sick' horse into work so that she can earn some money then she needs a kick up the butt
mad.gif

I never understand how people can do it, when they know the horse is in pain yet they still think of their own pockets.

My advise.....find a new yard quick and tell her if she so much as puts a saddle on your girl then you'll report her. GGRRR makes me so mad

If you are worried telling her then why don't you get someone to go with you to tell her for some back up. Take care and keep your chin up

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
I'm near exeter. I desperately want to move now but am finding the whole thing quite daunting, as I want to find the right place. physio seeing her next week so will have to wait and see what he says, in the mean time I'm trying to get her doing as little as possible. she's 12 yrs old is it possible to dip at 12? I'm only 8 stone myself. Ideally I'd like a diy livery with a little bit of help with hacking as she can be a handful at times. do you think she whould do more lunging? I also noticed two little bumps towards the back of her spine. she also has very sensitive withers, as she had a badly fitted saddle before she met me.

JessPickle

Visit site
move yard

My horse is on working livery and even if I have the slightest concern he is taken off there lessons until the vet sees him. Find another yard it may be dauting but definetly worth it

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Don't be worried about moving, it is scary but you will be so much happier when you have moved.

What did the physio say last time they came out or is this the first time she has been out?

Skhosu

Visit site
I would take your horse OUT of lessons completely. It isn't on using a horse with a problem, I mean, if she has a sore back with little pressure you could be doing lots of damage.
I would tell the YO she's not being used and move yards.
Anything has to be better than having her used when unwell!

tashyisaudrey

Visit site
the physio said last time that she had some vertebrae out and not to ride her for a month or so with lunging only. we had no problems at all after that until just now again.

Chex

Visit site
I would get out of there asap. If they're willing to use her knowing she is in pain, thats shocking, just to make some money. I would be kicking up **** if that was me. Movnig will be daunting, but in the end it should be much better.

SecretSquirrell379

Visit site
Even more reason to move her. If the YO knows that she has a history of vertabrae probs and is still willing to use her for lessons she needs a licence taken away in my opinion.

dieseldog

Visit site
I would use another physio as well, as it is impossible for a horse put its vertebrae out, if it did it would have to be shot. I'm not saying that there isn't anything wrong with your horses back but it sounds like a duff lazy diagonis and if you stopped riding any horse for a month its going to come right. Ask Henryhorn or Santa145 if they can recommend a physio as they are both near Exeter.

I hope she gets better soon.