Feeling tired, one thing after another..

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
Gosh, I missed this thread, I am so sorry you are both travelling this path. If it helps, I had difficulty with two of mine who were PTS at the right time, but when they both looked fabulous. I consoled myself that I would rather they were PTS whilst looking fabulous than when looking awful. I would not have forgiven myself if they had to wait until they looked awful. Sometimes PTS is the greatest kindness. X

SEL

Visit site
Sometimes no matter how hard we try, how much we spend or how much we wish for success - we just can't make them well. It's desperately sad and i really feel for you. **hugs**

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
ASBMO I am so sorry, I know how much you love Jacob, and you are very brave to make the right decision for him.

Nudibranch

Visit site
Sorry to hear but I think you've made the right choice. I had a big, beautiful 7yo pts and while I constantly questioned myself I knew it was the only option. You will have a sense of relief eventually - the constant worry and second guessing has come to an end and you can rest knowing they're not in pain.

Caol Ila

Visit site
So sorry to read this. :( I feel like I am getting closer with my old girl. It's such a hard decision to make when they are looking reasonably alright, but you know they're not.

TPO

Visit site
Jacob is so lucky to have you and that you are sp selflessly putting him first.

My heart breaks for you, I hope that you can take some comfort knowing that you are able to do this final kindness for him.

Thinking of you and if I can do anything to help in any way just say the word x

Zuzan

Visit site
Wow .. soo sorry.. Jacob is very lucky to have a human like you ASBMO .. a very courageous decision

ozpoz

Visit site
So sad for you. He is lucky to have you there to put his welfare first, however hard it is on you. X

LeneHorse

Visit site
Sometimes no matter how hard we try, how much we spend or how much we wish for success - we just can't make them well. It's desperately sad and i really feel for you. **hugs**
Such wise words.
Thinking of you A Shetland, you sound like a lovely caring owner and this must be devastating for you.

Trouper

Visit site
You have absolutely made the right decision and it takes a brave and compassionate person to do that. Hope it all goes smoothly.

Reactions: TPO

Tarragon

Visit site
Oh, what a sad update - but I am sure that your decision is the right one to make, but gosh, such a hard one!
Thinking of you xx

Spotherisk

Visit site
I’m so sorry. I had my 10 year old put down last winter through various chronic problems, many of which were niggling. My vet was fab and very honest, and it sounds as if yours is too. Wishing you strength and kindness.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I am so sorry to see your update. This is the problem with big horses, they are just too heavy for their own bodies, I speak from experience, having lost a 6yr old and 2 x 11 yr olds . You have done all that is feasible for him and made the only decision possible.

mrmac

Visit site
I’m so sorry to hear this. It is never easy making that decision when they look so well in themselves. If only love could fix them. Thinking of you and sending much love and strength for the future xxxx

Hannahgb

Visit site
I am so sorry. I have just gone through very similar and lost my boy last week. Always happy to chat if you need it xx