FEI mandating safety hats

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site

jj_87

Visit site
Finally!!! I recon they will vanish. Having lost a friend who used to live life on the wild side, but sadly died after falling off his bike and hitting his head on the curb it makes me shudder when i see people hatless! Horse or Bike!!

Reactions: TPO

AandK

Visit site
I am surprised it has taken this long to be honest. I thought the hats looked a bit strange when people started wearing them instead of a top hat, but now I think the top hat looks rather outdated. There are so many lovely smart and close fitting hats available these days, I much prefer the look now.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
It is without doubt the sensible thing to do, and going forwards I would have always worn my crash hat anyway, but ah I'm still glad I got my chances lol.

486377_10151368513759925_1754490309_n.jpg

33059361_799599043559291_8583356463039119360_o.jpg

humblepie

Visit site
My top hat’s last outing was a 1920s murder mystery when I decided on the Marlene Deitrich cabaret style look. That said I show so in theory could still wear it for championships but been there done that got the photos and stick with the safety hat now

daffy44

Visit site
I'm fine with the new ruling, surprised it took so long. My top hat was no where near as comfortable or as stable as my proper hat, and I never wear it anymore.

Reactions: TPO

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I think it's a shame. I loved the tradition of them. Everyone who wore one was an adult making a personal choice, but those choices are being eroded in all sorts of areas.

TPO

Visit site
I need to find more info but it would potentially be a new look for FEI reining if it stays :D

Yip, reiners too now that it's staying.

Having to try and keep horses sound enough (& not use anything on the banned substance list while doing that) to reach the lower age limits to compete in FEI and now safety headgear?! I'm imaging some not happy people 🤠

I'm the same in that I now view helmet and tails as the norm and find top hats look completely ridiculous to me now.

Charlotte and Carl did a good job of making helmets acceptable in that sphere IMO