Fell ponies

fairyclare

Visit site
My friend at the yard has a registered fell mare who is in foal, she is lovely
smile.gif

peapod

Visit site
My mum has owned a couple in the past, before we switched to Dales ponies instead! Fells are excellent ponies though, very versatile - very similar to Dales ponies in many ways!

SAL71

Visit site
Thats a shame! I have one, a 4yr old gelding. he is quite a character. Love him to bits. Had him since he was 6 months old, straight off the fell in cumbria.

Happytohack

Visit site
I had a Fell for my daughter many years ago. The pony was great, looked after my daughter who was quite nervous and was loved to bits. She lived until she was nearly 30. Fells are one of my favorite breeds.

airedale

Visit site
Someone on another forum is sec. of the fell pony society and his website is fellponysite.co.uk or something like that

he's really knowledgeable about the breed

they are in danger as there is a gene that causes foals to die before weaning so even if all the available mares bred not all the foals can survive

the queen still keeps and breeds fell ponies even the prince phillip has given up competitive driving. She is helping to conserve the breed.

Kermie

Visit site
I've got 7 Fells and one coloured (who is out of a Fell mare). I love them to bits.

Horsenut - your stallion is lovely, who is he?

metalmare

Visit site
I have ridden Fell ponies and Dales are one of my favourite breeds and definately what I am looking at next time I buy a horse (which won't be for a while yet due to uni).

Foxford

Visit site
I had one as a teenager. My sister is hoping to compete her fell in elementary dressage next year. Oh and she's jumped 5ft with rider - very special girl!! They are really great ponies and I would recommend them strongly.

Kermie

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
his name is peepings jeff,by drybarrows jeff x peepings wild rose.
we think he is lovely but it is nice if someone else admires him too......

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah, that's why I like him! I have a gelding by Drybarrows Jeff so your boy is the type I go for!
smile.gif