Fence destroyers

blitznbobs

Visit site
Went out for an hour this afternoon (thought about bring horses in before i went but thought nah its nice they can stay out longer) cane back to find 2 fences destroyed and one of the youngsters in the field ive been saving for summer (must have jumped in cos there is no damage to those fences…)

I hate the lot of them. Evil sods.

mavandkaz

Visit site
Feel your pain. Went out before work to hay the ponies yesterday, only to find one of them in the very well fenced off section that keeps them away from the bee hives! Thank god its cold and the bees are all asleep.
At this point the fence was intact - god knows how he got in there. But we had to saw through the post and rail to get him out ?

rowan666

Visit site
I also feel your pain, I have one of those too. If she can't jump out she will quite simply walk through it, even electrified, she's not arsed one bit. She also discovered if she pushes her arse against heras security fencing and walks backwards it pops pretty easily with her weight against it and uses it as a cat flap!, took fecking months to discover how she was escaping because there was no obvious signs of damage anywhere and the camera never picked up on it until I witnessed her doing it when she thought I'd left one time ? honestly if she wasn't also the best thing since sliced bread i swear she'd be glue by now ?

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
I'd just spent a while sorting out the fencing they'd broken. Literally was about to re-attach the fencing unit and my lump just pushed it stretching the tape I had made sure was beautifully neat and flat. The air went a little blue!!!

Highmileagecob

Visit site
I share your pain! My piebald cob often appeared in the summer field when he should have not have been there, and we could not work out how he did it. Then one day I saw him stick his head and neck between the two strands of wire, carefully followed by both front legs. a slow shuffle forwards, and both hind legs. Neat. I also tried Heras panels; he backed up to a panel, kicked and kicked until he broke the wire, then sat down like a dog and rolled backwards through it. I had to chain the gate between the fields at both the hinge end and the opening end, as he discovered he could back up to the gate and kick until it came off it's hinges. Electric fence - nah, walked straight through it again and again. Thankfully, he has now stopped his escapes......although it has taken twenty years!

I'm Dun

Visit site
My young highland knocked down a stable/lean too last week, then bashed through some fencing, just because he could. He drives me demented!