Fenceline experts

Cowpony

Visit site
I think I saw a thread on here calling them that. People who can't do something themselves but will happily lean on the fence criticising those who do.

Luckily our yard is very good. We don't have know-it-alls. It's a livery yard and a riding school, so anybody who tried it would be taken down a peg or two by the staff pretty quickly. But today........

There's a man up there who doesn't know one end of a horse from another, and happily admits it. He is there quite a lot with his kids, who have a pony. Very sensibly the parents have the pony on working livery, so all care is provided by the yard. All the kids have to do is pretty much tack up and ride. But today........today he decided to tell me just how inadequate my clipping skills are, compared with two others on the yard. Now I'm not the best at clipping. I clip my horse about 3 times a year and I've had my clippers 3 years, so I'm still very much at the learning and improving stage. She's also a mainly white coloured so shows the tramlines much worse than horses of other colours. But she wasn't a mess, and in a couple of weeks all the lines will have disappeared.

I try get to get on with everybody at the yard and not make waves, so I smiled brightly and agreed that my clipping skills are nowhere near as good as the two people he mentioned. Two members of staff who do clipping professionally and probably do 3 clips in a morning every day during the season. But next time.........next time I'm going to invite him to show me his skills with the clippers ? Grrrrrr!

Sorry, pointless post but I can't rant on the yard or I really would make waves!