Fencing

Leg_end

Visit site
I need to erect some new fencing and looking at options. Want it to look smart but also be serviceable. I have dogs so that needs to be a consideration too as it would be better if they are kept out of the paddocks. So far my shortlist is:

Post and rail with electric
Stud/horse rail
Stud/horse rail with tornado wire (small mesh) or similar

Opinions appreciated and totally open to new ideas!

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
I have posts with tornado 5ft fence, with a running rail above, so it's 6ft in the front paddock.
Then in further paddocks I have a wide electric tape running along the top of the tornado fence.

The sub divided paddocks are post and rail, with electric tape attached on each side.

One thing to note is that moulting horses (And v small ponies!) love to itch like baloo on the tornado fence in the spring, so I still have a line of tape on short electric fence posts to prevent this :)

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
I need to erect some new fencing and looking at options. Want it to look smart but also be serviceable. I have dogs so that needs to be a consideration too as it would be better if they are kept out of the paddocks. So far my shortlist is:

Post and rail with electric
Stud/horse rail
Stud/horse rail with tornado wire (small mesh) or similar

Opinions appreciated and totally open to new ideas!

I have American type fencing 4 rails high 9 inches between each rail from the top and use 4 x 2 rails and thicker posts. Horses cannot put their heads through and the 4 x 2 is strong and withstands more than 3 x 1 1/2 and I think it looks smart even though takes some looking after.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I quite like the look of the post and rail with tornado mesh. That would be my choice if I was able to re-fence.
I watch in dispair as all my horses hay blows out under the fence out of reach in winter!! Mesh would solve that issue ;)

PeterNatt

s68.photobucket.com
I routinely use heavy duty post and rail fencing with Equi-Fencing (a tight form of sheep netting) on it. This will keep dogs out and also prevent horses kicking throughthe fence line.
I also use plastic water troughs rather than metal ones so as to prevent injuries to a horse kicking out at a metal water trough.