Fibre-beet

druid

Visit site
New from the makers of Speedi beet....have some samples to try...only launched at the RDS so no news on it yet. It's Beet, Alfalfa and biotin (from memory) and supposed to be a conditioning alternative to Speddibeet...

My winter feeding is sorted!

luie123

Visit site
I just checked there website and its not up on there yet. Do you have anymore info? I normally feed alfa, would this replace that and include the sugar beet do you think? Also what is biotin?

druid

Visit site
I have all the bumpf at home which I'll post up later.

It'd eb like alfalfa and beet together, yes. Biotin is a compound that's used to rebuild hooves and coat...so good for stronger hooves and a glossy coat

druid

Visit site
Right here's the bumpf...

Fibre-beet is a formulated blend of high quality Alfalfa and Speedi-beet, our unmolassed sugar beet pulp. Fibre-beet recognizes the fact that horses evolved principally to eat grass which contains 80 to 90% water. Fibre-beet is designed to be fed as a wet feed (liquid diet) which is the most natural way to feed your horse. By combining Alfalfa and Speedi-beet together into one easy to use unique lozenge shape, Fibre-beet offers an excellent source of highly digestible fibre in a liquid form and provides your horse with slow release energy without fizz.

It soaks in 14mins in hot wtaer, 44 in cold - it's 1 part FB to 3 parts water by weight. There's added biotin for hoof "integrity".

Typical analysis () as fed
Protein - 10%
Oil - 3%
Crude fibre - 22%
Ash - 10%
Digestible energy mj/kg 10.5

parsley

Visit site
Are the ratios for nutrients what you are generally looking for in a horse's diet? (hope that makes sense!) - do you feed it with other concentrates or is it an extra like normal speedibeet? (hope this isn't a silly question
blush.gif
)

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
similar to dengie's alfa beet then
wink.gif
??

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that, but wasn't sure, as have only used sample bags of that
tongue.gif
grin.gif

druid

Visit site
It can be used to replace forage, as a top dressing to the existing conc. ration for conditioning or as part of the conc. ration. ... The other Q is beyond me!

druid

Visit site
Sort of, but FB is higher protein (from memory)...and my horses refuse to eat Alfabeet but love fibre beet

hantastic

Visit site
Alfa as a feed has more energy then most cool mixes and pasture miixes, but as it is fibre it doesnt have the hight starch levels like concentrates have. Its starch that causes a lot of problems for the horses digestive tract.

The feed D mentioned with a vit/min suppliment would be a much more worth while feed than any mixes, as it is a slow release energy, and will keep the hind gut healthy as it is slow to digest.

Alfa is also very high in protien and calcium which are both very important for day to day repair of the body.

parsley

Visit site
Thank you for replying
smile.gif
I am looking at trying to be more exact with my twos diet for winter as last winter they had a few scoops of this and that, Remmy held his weight but Bomber lost more than I wanted him to.